Your Local Councillor?

When you have an issue, who do you contact?

Online or telephone, or maybe in person?

I have always contacted the council directly, always online.

My local councils office is no longer open the general public, I guess that is because of safety issues. There are some nutters out there.

How many of your local councillors would you recognise if you passed them in the stree, do they live close by, perhaps they shop in the local supermarket?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

When you have an issue, who do you contact?

Online or telephone, or maybe in person?

I have always contacted the council directly, always online.

My local councils office is no longer open the general public, I guess that is because of safety issues. There are some nutters out there.

How many of your local councillors would you recognise if you passed them in the stree, do they live close by, perhaps they shop in the local supermarket?

They are a waste of space, they try to fob you off at every turn with jargon and the last thing they say is " I'll look into it."  and nowt ever happens. :roll:

18 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

They are a waste of space, they try to fob you off at every turn with jargon and the last thing they say is " I'll look into it."  and nowt ever happens. :roll:

Sounds like you are being unrealistic with your demands. Were you wanting your bins emptied or something 

I tried (in vain) to contact mine quite a while ago about a case of serious anti-social behaviour by a council tenant which involved the abuse of a very vulnerable aged person.  Telephone calls, voicemail messages and emails.  No reply to any of my messages or calls!  I was eventually fobbed off by a 'minion' of theirs.  I then found out that at this time they were both heavily  involved in a rather poorly managed public money-wasting project (remember the yellow bikes?)

I have very little or no confidence in my local councillor as they seem only ever to be interested in themselves.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

I tried (in vain) to contact mine quite a while ago about a case of serious anti-social behaviour by a council tenant which involved the abuse of a very vulnerable aged person.  Telephone calls, voicemail messages and emails.  No reply to any of my messages or calls!  I was eventually fobbed off by a 'minion' of theirs.  I then found out that at this time they were both heavily  involved in a rather poorly managed public money-wasting project (remember the yellow bikes?)

I have very little or no confidence in my local councillor as they seem only ever to be interested in themselves.

Name them please . It helps knowing 

Back when the PTE introduced the dot matrix for the trams I tried to interest my local councilors in the fact that the dot matrix were not fit for purpose but they did **** all - the tram dot matrix remains a joke even if the PTE are happy because it is sometimes right and could not care less if it show inaccurate information