Your Local Councillor?

well our 3 local councillors all lib/dem call several times a year with leaflets of whats happening in the area,also each councillor has a phone number ,inc mobile and theres email addresses ,plus they call and see you if you ask,plus theres the local area meetings,whats more can you ask for?

11 hours ago, El Cid said:

Sounds like you are being unrealistic with your demands. Were you wanting your bins emptied or something 

It wasn't bins being emptied by the way,  and if  they wern't being emptied after obviously contacting revelent agencies and getting no where it wouldn't be an unrealistic demand asking a councillor to help with the situation,  sounds like you are one those, do sod all, negative swines. :rant:

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

sounds like you are one those, do sod all, negative swines. :rant:

Parish councillors don't get paid, so I am not doing it to become rich.

What would be a person's motivation, to volunteer for zero money?

On 26/06/2023 at 00:57, Tipstaff said:

I tried (in vain) to contact mine quite a while ago about a case of serious anti-social behaviour by a council tenant which involved the abuse of a very vulnerable aged person.  Telephone calls, voicemail messages and emails.  No reply to any of my messages or calls!  I was eventually fobbed off by a 'minion' of theirs.  I then found out that at this time they were both heavily  involved in a rather poorly managed public money-wasting project (remember the yellow bikes?)

I have very little or no confidence in my local councillor as they seem only ever to be interested in themselves.

SCC housing have a set person for your council tennants complaints,contact your area housing office and ask for there special area person for your street/cresent/ave ect and these people have been employed to sort these issues out and supposed to work with you until the issue is sorted,so ring your area housing and ask for the person in charge to visit and sort it.

On 25/06/2023 at 23:17, bassett one said:

ours at greenhill visit 3 times min a year,you can ring them anytime as well top class 3 lib/dem

You might be able to ring anytime but the points being made are, they don't flippin do owt, they are complete waste of time and money. 

I put my contact details forward for the online community meetings but I never got a message back to join the meetings. Not a clue whats going on as its been a long time since the last meeting so I guess they don't happen any more.

I contacted 3 of my local councillors Oct 2021, I received one reply the other 2 never even replied to my email, needless to say that party will never receive a vote from me.

Edited by iansheff

On 25/06/2023 at 22:11, El Cid said:

When you have an issue, who do you contact?

Online or telephone, or maybe in person?

I have always contacted the council directly, always online.

My local councils office is no longer open the general public, I guess that is because of safety issues. There are some nutters out there.

How many of your local councillors would you recognise if you passed them in the stree, do they live close by, perhaps they shop in the local supermarket?

Mine was Tom Hunt. But the only time I really needed help he ignored my emails Too busy building his career I suppose.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

You might be able to ring anytime but the points being made are, they don't flippin do owt, they are complete waste of time and money. 

well our councillors get things done,also theres the area lacs that the public can go to,if you dont know where and when go on the council website