Banned Forummers.

On 29/06/2023 at 22:06, top4718 said:

The old moderators were a worst regime than Josef Stalin's, way too much banning going on.

One of the old moderators had quite a thing for me.. Or rather one of my 'characters'. 

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but i decided to mention it again because I'm rather bored.

I'll probably mention it again in the future too 👍

4 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Times have changed though. Things aren’t like they used to be.

Gone are the days when you could nip to the shop near Kelvin Flats and buy yourself a bag of KP Nuts. I used to eat my peanuts looking in the window of the travel agents wondering to myself…..“when Will Thomson Holidays change their name to Tui?”

Don't forget the popcorn.

The forum is infested with wimps who get offended or upset about nothing, then you have your snide people who take pleasure in getting people banned, these people are serial reporters and the old regime were lazy and trigger happy when it came to actually looking into things reported.

They also thought the forum was theirs to do as they wished and removed anyone who challenged them.

Good riddance to them.

Fortunately the new regime isn't as gullible or power hungry as they were.

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

One of the old moderators had quite a thing for me.. Or rather one of my 'characters'. 

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but i decided to mention it again because I'm rather bored.

I'll probably mention it again in the future too 👍

Hmmm... :huh:

I particularly remember a character called "Bedsock".

He popped up at a time when I really needed cheering up...
... and he encouraged me to carry on with my bits of animated nonsense.

From that time, I decided that IF I could help make someone else chuckle then I would...
... there's far too much misery going on in the world, and we all need to escape it for a while.

So THANK YOU to whoever created "Bedsock" (and a few others) - you'll never know just how big an influence you've been! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The forum is infested with wimps who get offended or upset about nothing, then you have your snide people who take pleasure in getting people banned, these people are serial reporters and the old regime were lazy and trigger happy when it came to actually looking into things reported.

They also thought the forum was theirs to do as they wished and removed anyone who challenged them.

Good riddance to them.

Fortunately the new regime isn't as gullible or power hungry as they were.

Translation = I'm still very bitter about the old regime. I wish a pox on all of them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I particularly remember a character called "Bedsock".

He popped up at a time when I really needed cheering up...
... and he encouraged me to carry on with my bits of animated nonsense.

From that time, I decided that IF I could help make someone else chuckle then I would...
... there's far too much misery going on in the world, and we all need to escape it for a while.

So THANK YOU to whoever created "Bedsock" (and a few others) - you'll never know just how big an influence you've been! :thumbsup:

I wish I could take credit for Bedsock but alas it isn't one of mine.

However I did once play a Jew, a gay, a half Muslim convert and  a woman all at the same time. 

Christ my life must have been empty back then. 😬

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

Not bitter  I loved giving them the run around.

The Pox bit is OK though.

I'll be honest I prefer it now but yeah, it was fun giving the old mods something to do 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I wish I could take credit for Bedsock but alas it isn't one of mine.

However I did once play a Jew, a gay, a half Muslim convert and  a woman all at the same time. 

Christ my life must have been empty back then. 😬

I'll be honest I prefer it now but yeah, it was fun giving the old mods something to do 😁

:(

I'm just hoping that Mr Risen doesn't turn up...

... and say it's one of his! :hihi:

Edited by Mr Bloke
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

How many of them still contribute since they lost their button?.

As far as I know @nikki-red is the only former staffer who still posts. 🙏

Some of the others may have rejoined using new accounts but we've no way of knowing that. Having said that I can think of a few posters who could be former admin/mods but I'd only be guessing so I'll keep my suspicions to myself.