R.N.L.I Orders A 'Full-Scale Cultural Review'

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@The_DADDY - can't be bothered to read the full details, but my thoughts are that - if I was unfortunate enough to need their services - all I'm interested in is the professionalism and competence - what their private thoughts are is of zero relevance.

As to the response above - get off that horse. What Farage said has nothing to do with the brave individuals who volunteer for the service.

For once,  I agree.  Those men & women volunteers perform an incredible service for us at the risk of their  lives, and their families happiness.

I would  sooner see some useful people like that sat in the Lords in place of self seeking politicians. 

Having said that,  there is no place for racism or sexism in any job at all and it's quite easy  to deal with instead of costly courses that some may moan about.

Make racists / sexist remarks,  just once ( no matter what circumstances "it was just a joke" ) ,  Warning.            Do it again,  dismissal.

If grown people can't control their mouths there is something wrong with them.

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Imagine volunteering your time to something only to get lectured and have the finger wagged at you??

You would only get lectured if you can't control your gob.

Edited by Organgrinder

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

'Racist language' at RNLI alleged but 'alpha males' hit back at 'woke crusade'

An internal report into the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) charity has alleged racist language, but demands for volunteers to attend diversity training have been dismissed as the result of a fixation on "woke" values.

A row over “alpha male” behaviour after revelations from a damning internal report at the RNLI has seen rescuers ordered to attend diversity workshops.

The sea rescue charity has ordered a “full-scale cultural review” at Hastings Lifeboat Station in East Sussex. All lifeboat staff at the station have also been ordered to attend diversity and inclusivity training to stamp out bias against women and ethnic minorities.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1784878/woke-rnli-alpha-males-diversity-class

To be blunt, I'd sooner have an alpha male come to the rescue (someone like @hackylad ) rather  than some soy drinking beta male or a women who got onboard by ticking boxes rather than fulfilling requirements any day.

Is that wrong?

Your thoughts?

Edited by spilldig

6 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@The_DADDY - can't be bothered to read the full details, but my thoughts are that - if I was unfortunate enough to need their services - all I'm interested in is the professionalism and competence - what their private thoughts are is of zero relevance.

As to the response above - get off that horse. What Farage said has nothing to do with the brave individuals who volunteer for the service.

I'm not on any horse.

5 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@despritdan , @cressidaYou both speak sense, but standby to be shouted down.

No I'm not prepared to be shouted down either.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Have it your way  - although the second half of my response still stands.

We feeling a bit touchy?

No - just reporting on here Farage's comments about the RNLI and how they got much more money when he complained that they were 'a taxi service for migrants at risk of drowning'

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

No - just reporting on here Farage's comments about the RNLI and how they got much more money when he complained that they were 'a taxi service for migrants at risk of drowning'

Which has nothing to do with the original post in this topic.

• Like 1