Bannan Upsets Fans With Comment About Rapist.

Alextopman

8 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

He may not be the only footballer who may have been 'found guilty' when in fact, he could well be perfectly innocent. Goodwillie seems to be certain he's not guilty, as was a certain United player. The United player proved his innocence and maybe Goodwillie could do the same.

Goodwillie has already appealed and lost.

9 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Bannon calls goodwillie a “top man” …

of course he is …. Not

worth knowing the top man was also found guilty of assault no less than 3 times …..apparently the judge in the rape case awarded the woman £100k in compensation to be paid by goodwillie and by his co accused

both declared themselves bankrupt and to this day have not paid up… top man indeed!

Civil cases are all about compensation and nothing more.

Speaking as a Blade, I'd have thought the best option for Bannan would be not speak out or worse post anything in the first place.  It's out there until the end of time.   Eventually a judge, under Scottish Law, ruled that Goodwillie did rape the woman & was ordered to pay compensation which allegedly he hasn't. 

All that Bannan has done is reaffirmed that professional footballers aren't the sharpest people around. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 16:20, Baron99 said:

Speaking as a Blade, I'd have thought the best option for Bannan would be not speak out or worse post anything in the first place.  It's out there until the end of time.   Eventually a judge, under Scottish Law, ruled that Goodwillie did rape the woman & was ordered to pay compensation which allegedly he hasn't. 

All that Bannan has done is reaffirmed that professional footballers aren't the sharpest people around. 

I agree, he's made a mistake, deleted the post and apologised, problem is that's not enough for some people these days.

On 29/06/2023 at 17:51, Alextopman said:

Goodwillie has already appealed and lost.

In that case, he's probably guilty.

It doesn't make any difference to Bannan's blooper.

One thing. I'm not sure how thorough a Civil Court is. These days, there's Crown Court, Court of Appeal, Another Court, Supreme Court and, if still relevant, The European Court of summat or other. Goodwillie won't be going to those extremes though.

Has his 'Truth Statement' been published yet?