Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

On 29/06/2023 at 13:15, Prettytom said:

Failed parliamentary candidate Nigel Farage is whining because his bank accounts have been frozen. He says it’s an attempt to force him out of the country.

There are a number of very specific reasons why bank accounts are frozen. If mine had been frozen, I’d be keeping quiet about it.

Suitable anti-woke link to appease the snowflakes:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1785774/nigel-farage-bank-accounts-closed/amp

NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose may be able to lend Farage money, now that she has been payed up.

18 hours ago, altus said:

You didn't only make a statement about reasons for closing accounts. You started your "A poor contribution." That's a value judgement indicating either that you disagreed with the point of the post or you didn't understand it - and going by your last post you still don't understand it.

I understand you are a poor contributor.

52 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Nige is definitely ruffling a few feathers ain't he.

Rightly so.  Nigel Farage has not put a foot wrong regarding this matter.  If a bank is going to give a reason for closing an account then that reason should be the correct honest reason.  The lady has rightly resigned for giving a false reason for the closure of the bank account.  NatWest's reputation has suffered and their share price has fallen as a consequence.  Nigel Farage's reputation has been boosted. 

Edited by Axe
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Axe said:

Rightly so.  Nigel Farage has not put a foot wrong regarding this matter.  If a bank is going to give a reason for closing an account then that reason should be the correct honest reason.  The lady has rightly resigned for giving a false reason for the closure of the bank account.  NatWest's reputation has suffered and their share price has fallen as a consequence.  Nigel Farage's reputation has been boosted. 

She has pocketed 5million quid . These people are the real criminals in this Country , pinch a loaf of bread because you are skint and its get thi collar felt time .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

That's just what you say when you don't have an answer to someone's argument.

Where do you think the government should draw the line between telling people why their accounts have been closed and avoiding revealing to criminals that they are being investigated? (Remember, the banks currently have a legal duty to not tip off those suspected of financial crimes and refusing to tell only those under suspicion will tip them off anyway.)

7 minutes ago, altus said:

Where do you think the government should draw the line between telling people why their accounts have been closed and avoiding revealing to criminals that they are being investigated? (Remember, the banks currently have a legal duty to not tip off those suspected of financial crimes and refusing to tell only those under suspicion will tip them off anyway.)

if their account is closed, they know they are suspected of wrongdoing, it is a ridiculous argument.

people who wrongly have their accounts closed, due to some incompetent clerk or AI flagging up something, should have an immediate avenue to challenge the decision, not have their lives messed up by idiots.

Edited by fools
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

She has pocketed 5million quid . These people are the real criminals in this Country , pinch a loaf of bread because you are skint and its get thi collar felt time .

The lady is not a criminal.  Like it or not she will have got the going rate for the role she had.  The big issue is that the taxpayer still owns about 37% of NatWest after bailing them out.  There is an argument that partly state owned businesses should not pay such big salaries. 

16 minutes ago, altus said:

As pointed out by another contributor your argument is ridiculous.  

15 minutes ago, Axe said:

As pointed out by another contributor your argument is ridiculous.  

The government don't think it's ridiculous to have a law obliging the banks to not tip off suspected criminals. The NCA and other government agencies don't think it's ridiculous to object to people routinely being told why accounts are closed. What you and another poster consider ridiculous is neither here nor there.

I note you avoided answering my question of "Where do you think the government should draw the line between telling people why their accounts have been closed and avoiding revealing to criminals that they are being investigated?"

9 minutes ago, altus said:

I note you avoided answering my question of "Where do you think the government should draw the line between telling people why their accounts have been closed and avoiding revealing to criminals that they are being investigated?"

how many times would you like this answering - they get a letter saying their account is being closed in 30 days, at that point they know. If you don't want them to know, don't close the account. All this system does is to penalise innocent people.

Edited by fools