Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

59 minutes ago, altus said:

The government don't think it's ridiculous to have a law obliging the banks to not tip off suspected criminals. The NCA and other government agencies don't think it's ridiculous to object to people routinely being told why accounts are closed. What you and another poster consider ridiculous is neither here nor there.

I note you avoided answering my question of "Where do you think the government should draw the line between telling people why their accounts have been closed and avoiding revealing to criminals that they are being investigated?"

Banks are not tipping off criminals by choosing to close a bank account for any reason.  

I do not think banks or any trading company should have to give a reason why they no longer wish to continue to do business with an individual or company.  The issue is if a reason is given then that reason should be honest and truthful.  NatWest were not honest and truthful for the reason why they chose to terminate the Coutts bank account held by Nigel Farage. 

Edited by Axe

It's quite amusing that folk, not just on here, are still trying to strain every sinew to try and make this whole farce by the bank somehow acceptable.

Actually it's rather worrying more than amusing that certain folk are happy to see someone suffer because they don't have the same political view.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jul/26/forget-nigel-farage-and-coutts-banks-have-been-locking-ordinary-people-out-of-accounts-for-years

A perfect example of trying to somehow make out it's normal.

Thing is, unless I am mistaken, there is no mention of accounts being closed because of political views?

Straining every sinew to try and justify it.

🤪🤪

NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose Should have been first suspended and then finally dismissed for Gross Misconduct for revealing the bank details of a client to a journalist. Regardless of who the client is.

She may be liable for slander for defamation of character.

Edited by prince al
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I wonder if Farage is pondering re-entering politics to get us back all the rights we had when we were part of the EU?

What rights have the Cheeky Girls lost since the UK left the EU?