Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It's quite amusing that folk, not just on here, are still trying to strain every sinew to try and make this whole farce by the bank somehow acceptable.

Actually it's rather worrying more than amusing that certain folk are happy to see someone suffer because they don't have the same political view.

I understand he lost his account because of both his lack of money and his high risk personally. I have tried to open an account with Coutts, I was refused :)

The bank, no bank, can publically say how much money Farage has, or anyone. Just to let you know, I have six million in the bank and Coutts wont let me open an account. What do you think I should do?

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Banks are not tipping off criminals by choosing to close a bank account for any reason. 

The NCA, etc. are concerned about it.

I do not think banks or any trading company should have to give a reason why they no longer wish to continue to do business with an individual or company.  The issue is if a reason is given then that reason should be honest and truthful.  NatWest were not honest and truthful for the reason why they chose to terminate the Coutts bank account held by Nigel Farage. 

This bit I agree with. The bank executive who lied and revealed a customer's financial details was rightly dismissed because of those actions.

11 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I understand he lost his account because of both his lack of money and his high risk personally. I have tried to open an account with Coutts, I was refused :)

The bank, no bank, can publically say how much money Farage has, or anyone. Just to let you know, I have six million in the bank and Coutts wont let me open an account. What do you think I should do?

I don't believe so... This is part of the statement Coutts offered in their apology to NF...

It stated continuing to have Mr Farage as a customer was not consistent with Coutts's "position as an inclusive organisation" given his "publicly stated views".

It mentioned Mr Farage's retweet of a Ricky Gervais joke about trans women and his friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic, who is opposed to Covid vaccinations.

HIs views don't align with theirs, that why they closed his account.

Unless I am mistaken.

Regards your personal issue, I've no idea why Coutts refuse to have you as a client, do you?

16 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

So does your mate, where is he by the way?

I've no idea.

I really don't understand your obsession with this.

If you can't think of any rights you have personally lost since Brexit, just say so.

👍

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't believe so... This is part of the statement Coutts offered in their apology to NF...

It stated continuing to have Mr Farage as a customer was not consistent with Coutts's "position as an inclusive organisation" given his "publicly stated views".

It mentioned Mr Farage's retweet of a Ricky Gervais joke about trans women and his friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic, who is opposed to Covid vaccinations.

HIs views don't align with theirs, that why they closed his account.

Unless I am mistaken.

Regards your personal issue, I've no idea why Coutts refuse to have you as a client, do you?

Cheers for that Jack, very informative!

• Thanks 1