Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

It is not just about Farage though is it.

Did you not read this ? :

All of this is only an extension of what happened with PayPal with more than a few organisations, mainly anti lockdown ones, they shut their accounts, including "Us for them" :

Now PayPal cancels account of parents group that fought to keep schools open during Covid as well as the Free Speech Union, MPs hear
UsForThem fought hard for schools to stay open during the Covid-19 lockdown
Co-founder Molly Kinglsey said the group were 'taken aback' by PayPal's move
Finance giant came under fire after they cancelled Free Speech Union's account
MPs hit back today saying finance technology firms should not lock accounts based on 'perfectly legal political views'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11239733/Now-PayPal-cancels-account-parents-group-fought-schools-open-Covid-MPs-hear.html

But this thread is about Farage and not about Covid 19:confused:

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It is not just about Farage though is it.

Did you not read this ? :

All of this is only an extension of what happened with PayPal with more than a few organisations, mainly anti lockdown ones, they shut their accounts, including "Us for them" :

Now PayPal cancels account of parents group that fought to keep schools open during Covid as well as the Free Speech Union, MPs hear
UsForThem fought hard for schools to stay open during the Covid-19 lockdown
Co-founder Molly Kinglsey said the group were 'taken aback' by PayPal's move
Finance giant came under fire after they cancelled Free Speech Union's account
MPs hit back today saying finance technology firms should not lock accounts based on 'perfectly legal political views'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11239733/Now-PayPal-cancels-account-parents-group-fought-schools-open-Covid-MPs-hear.html

ok ill bite, 2 things that stand out in that article for me

1: -  Re:- Free speech union

The Free Speech Union defends victims of cancel culture

PayPal did not specify which rule the organisations had broken, but the policy contains numerous 'prohibited activities' including transactions involving illegal drugs, stolen goods, or 'the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance'.

Could the first part have gone against terms regarding hate and intolerance?

2: - RE:- Us For them

UsForThem was 'shocked' to discover that it could not access thousands of pounds of donated money after PayPal suspended its account 'in accordance with' the company's user agreement.

so theyre shocked it got closed for something listed in the user agreement?

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Which is true,

The bank didnt tell him why his account was closed.

The bank closed his account because hes being politically targeted.

Surely both cant be true? if he wasnt told hows he know the 2nd is correct?

as for the terms on the website, of course they are relevant, it helps to give a reason to why his account was closed by the bank, surely?

It seems you dont want truth or facts, or evidence despite your protestations you just want to swing the narrative back away from him nhaving enough for his account back to him being politically attacked.

are you still struggling to see the difference between a claim that something happened, and someone speculating as to why. He doesn't know why, so he has to speculate, this is not difficult.

you're still posting news links as fact.

do you know his bank balance? no, so why are you posting account terms as if you've cracked a puzzle

as for mr m, do some research about the natwest bank offer, it's been answered.

Edited by fools

Just now, fools said:

are you still struggling to see the difference between a claim that something happened, and someone speculating as to why. He doesn't know why, so he has to speculate, this is not difficult.

you're still posting news links as fact. as for mr m, do some research about the natwest bank offer, it's been answered.

a claim is not the truth

speculation is not the truth

facts and evidence is

Farage has provided neither, you seem to be suggesting we should blindly accept Farages view because he said it?

Shouldnt we look for evidence to what mightve gone on (Witnesses, proving things said, like bank thresholds exist)?

Why bother having a Police force to investigate things if its easier to trust the person we fancy trusting as long as they said it.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

you seem to be suggesting we should blindly accept Farages view because he said it?

am I? I couldn't care less. But it has raised an important point - the cancellation and bullying of people with non-woke views.

The only thing I am suggesting is people stop blindly believing and re-posting stuff they read on a news site, or twitter, and claiming this is the truth. See the countryside is racist for reference purposes.

Edited by fools
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, fools said:

am I? I couldn't care less. But it has raised an important point - the cancellation and bullying of people with non-woke views.

there we go,  got there in the end, a lot of toing and froing its not about truth or evidence at all, its about the cancel culture, you pretend you're intelligent and above everybody else morally, but underneath youre just the usual right wing fool

Edited by melthebell
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, melthebell said:

there we go,  got there in the end, a lot of toing and froing its not about truth or evidence at all, its about the cancel culture, you pretend you're intelligent and above everybody else morally, but underneath youre just the usual right wing fool

always end on an insult

the discussion about cancel culture is all over the media, and the treasury are looking into it, but don't let that interfere with your deluded inference.

nicely snipped btw, removing the context.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

But this thread is about Farage and not about Covid 19:confused:

You have missed the point entirely MM.

Were it any of the other authoritarian Lefties I'd suspect that was a deliberate mistake, but I am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

This thread is about financial institutions, or just businesses full stop, censoring people.

And it is a VERY dangerous direction to be travelling in. 

Just now, Chekhov said:

You have missed the point entirely MM.

Were it any of the other authoritarian Lefties I'd suspect that was a deliberate mistake, but I am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

This thread is about financial institutions, or just businesses full stop, censoring people.

And it is a VERY dangerous direction to be travelling in. 

it happens all the time, we hear about sponsors removing their sponsorship deals because of something dodgy

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Could the first part have gone against terms regarding hate and intolerance?

They are using their definition of what constitutes "hate and intolerance", and, I would have to point out, it is an exceptionally low bar.

Err, that's censorship.