Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

4 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

"Farage said he had first received a notice his account would be closed two months ago...".

Somewhere between "minimal time" and "two months".

there's your answer then, not that it's any of your business to question why the delay. Sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory.

Edited by fools

34 minutes ago, fools said:

the offer came after and as a result of, the fuss. A fuss which affects others too

If I had been in his shoes I would have found a high street bank and moved my money there without creating a fuss. 

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

If I had been in his shoes I would have found a high street bank and moved my money there without creating a fuss. 

have you missed the bit of the story about every bank (nine) he approached refusing him

Edited by fools

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

It’s quite funny to see banks becoming the next ‘woke’ thing in political debates.

Banks.

’Woke’.

🤣🤣🤣

It just goes to show how far rightwards all the Farage supporters have gone

1 hour ago, fools said:

the offer came after and as a result of, the fuss. A fuss which affects others too

So what's his problem then?

He's been offered an account with NatWest. Is that not good enough for our 'anti establishment' Nigel, who can't afford to bank with Coutts anymore?

🎻

Edited by Mister M

46 minutes ago, fools said:

there's your answer then, not that it's any of your business to question why the delay. Sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory.

But it is my business to question his motives for preparing and releasing a story two months after it happened.

6 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

But it is my business to question his motives for preparing and releasing a story two months after it happened.

and what information do you have that suggests there is any motive other than to raise it in a wider sphere to challenge what's happening

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

He's been offered an account with NatWest. Is that not good enough for our 'anti establishment' Nigel, who can't afford to bank with Coutts anymore?

🎻

why don't you do some research if you're so interested, the answers to these silly questions are easily obtainable

Edited by fools

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Farage’s problem is his long, close and very public association with Aaron Banks, Donald Trump and many other very prominent PEPs, each with a non-trivial baggage of alleged links to Russian money. 

In banker’s talk, the habitual expression is ‘our bank has no appetite for this service’ (edit: meaning, no appetite for risks -real or estimated- associated with providing the service).

Have experienced it many times myself, beyond the example of paying legitimate costs of Russian legal service  providers that I gave earlier in the thread. E.g. as simple (and, you’d think, very straightforward) as arranging bank transfers for paying official fees (‘a tax’) to a legitimate government office in French Polynesia. And that’s Luxembourgish bank branches, you’d believe more flexible than most, after over 3 decades’ worth of happy/profitable/etc. daily banking for a double digit £m turnover local business.

Aside of any dodgy funds, it’s a free market, end of, and simple as. Deal with it, Nigel: you’re not so special.

Edited by L00b
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, fools said:

have you missed the bit of the story about every bank (nine) he approached refusing him

The United Kingdom has 357 Monetary Financial Institutions (MFIs), or banks authorized to accept deposits in the U.K. Of these, 130 are headquartered in the United Kingdom.