Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

see the link in post 124

lost for words?

maybe @Chekhov will pickup entertaining the trolls for a bit, now they've run out of steam

Edited by fools

I am so shocked about the stories coming out on banks closing the accounts of people whose politics / moral positions they disagree with, but there are many others incl Wickes saying trans critical shoppers are not welcome at their stores.
I would not have opened that 3 year bond with Yorkshire Building Society had I known their authoritarian and extreme woke views.
So, what I would like to know is does a "Woke List" exist (i.e. one of large companies which have distinguished themselves in their woke and/or authoritarian extremism) ? Thus us normals can consult said list when spending out dosh, and make these businesses pay for their arrogant authoritarianism.

If such a list does not exist someone should keep one for us to consult.

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Wrong. Farage himself said he received notice  that his account would be closed two months ago, so why announce it now?  

Are you deliberately missing the point ?

This is not just about Farage.

It's about large woke businesses telling us how we should be thinking.

It is completely unacceptable.

It's the customer who is always right, not the sodding arrogant business.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Farage’s problem is his long, close and very public association with Aaron Banks, Donald Trump and many other very prominent PEPs, each with a non-trivial baggage of alleged links to Russian money. 

In banker’s talk, the habitual expression is ‘our bank has no appetite for this service’ (edit: meaning, no appetite for risks -real or estimated- associated with providing the service).

Have experienced it many times myself, beyond the example of paying legitimate costs of Russian legal service  providers that I gave earlier in the thread. E.g. as simple (and, you’d think, very straightforward) as arranging bank transfers for paying official fees (‘a tax’) to a legitimate government office in French Polynesia. And that’s Luxembourgish bank branches, you’d believe more flexible than most, after over 3 decades’ worth of happy/profitable/etc. daily banking for a double digit £m turnover local business.

Aside of any dodgy funds, it’s a free market, end of, and simple as. Deal with it, Nigel: you’re not so special.

Farage is a smokescreen, THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT FARAGE.

In actual fact I think the story about the vicar and Yorkshire Building Society is more chilling, but even that is just a rerun of the PayPal v "Us For Them" story (and many others).

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Farage is a smokescreen, THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT FARAGE.

In actual fact I think the story about the vicar and Yorkshire Building Society is more chilling, but even that is just a rerun of the PayPal v "Us For Them" story (and many others).

Farage made it ‘just about Farage’ with his usual victimhood snake oil, to gain a little traction in the MSM as his popularity continues to ebb away.

Look, it’s the evergreen ‘**** around, find out’ truism in action: if you don’t want to be ‘victimised’ for your bandwagon-hopping, schlock opinions, then keep them to yourself, or at any rate in a private circle, instead of shouting them to the world  for grifting. 

As a bank, how much extra business do you think you’d be getting, by becoming known as Putin’s or Pol Pot’s service provider? Extreme examples to illustrate the point: same difference, toxicity in public perception has a PR -and then business- cost, and banking services are a commercial commodity, not a human right. This is really not hard.

Edited by L00b
  • Like 1