Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think Farage is dominating this thread when it is about far more important stuff than just him.

I will open another.

I also think Farage is dominating this thread -because  it is the title  and Farage who has made a claim.

Is the 'man of the  people' is standing up for the rights of me and you or is he demanding special treatment?

When he releases his evidence the people will be able to decide - in the meantime feel free to distract attention away from the wannabee but failed 'man of the establishment'. 

3 hours ago, Axe said:

He should name  all the nine banks.  I remain sceptical that  he is telling the whole story.

usually the other side of the political spectrum that makes up stuff.

It would be a bit stupid to make up such a detailed story and broadcast it on his own tv show.

11 minutes ago, fools said:

usually the other side of the political spectrum that makes up stuff.

It would be a bit stupid to make up such a detailed story and broadcast it on his own tv show.

I am not suggesting Nigel Farage has made the story up.   The nine banks could all be similar to Coutts and not be any of the banks we see on most high streets.  I believe there are a number of private banks located in London.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

I am not suggesting Nigel Farage has made the story up.   The nine banks could all be similar to Coutts and not be any of the banks we see on most high streets.  I believe there are a number of private banks located in London.

ok ... many of the lefties are suggesting it though, and a large proportion of the media are in attack mode with the he doesn't deny he didn't have 3million line, and suggestions that unnamed sources/insiders are dishing the dirt about his finances.

5 minutes ago, fools said:

ok ... many of the lefties are suggesting it though, and a large proportion of the media are in attack mode with the he doesn't deny he didn't have 3million line, and suggestions that unnamed sources/insiders are dishing the dirt about his finances.

Losing the option to bank at Coutts is a loss of prestige and it is likely Nigel Farage wanted to minimise the loss of prestige by using another private London bank rather than slumming it at NatWest or HSBC like the plebs do.

Bank account closures probe must be fast tracked a Treasury minister has said.

In a letter to the Financial Conduct Authority, Andrew Griffith said it was vital elected officials could access banking services.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66111090

Without the helpful publicity from Nigel Farage I think the issue would not have been investigated. Thank you Nigel.

18 hours ago, melthebell said:

HE IS the establishment, hes a former commodities broker and MP, he just pretends hes one of the "lads", its all a facade

My good friend is a commodities broker, he is just one of the lads, but with more money. 

Are you suggesting that he shouldn't be able to be one of the lads because he will be baffled as to why not?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Farage is an elected official? Elected official of what, exactly?

In a letter to the Financial Conduct Authority, Andrew Griffith said it was vital elected officials could access banking services.

I think Andrew Griffith was referring to the  relevant MP who would be conducting an investigation in to the banks?

• Thanks 1