Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

19 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Am I?

He supported their right to refuse service, based on their religious views...

...it doesn't seem a million miles away 🙄

I agree.  It's a similar scenario so, if he was right about the bakery, his bank was right in what they did.

It's either service to a customer no matter what,  or  service with strings attached.

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

For the same reason a traditional  Muslim bank does not take interest on the loans they give.

Clearly then, it is not a million miles away... at all... quite the opposite, more similarities than not! :?

Edited by Magilla

There was an article based on research by MoneySavingExpert into UK banks shutting accounts of British expats that's worth a read:

More UK banks to shut British expat accounts – what to do if yours is closed (moneysavingexpert.com)

This as a direct consequence of Brexit.

I don't remember this being headline news, and I don't remember Farage touring news broadcasting studios professing victimhood over this issue.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree.  It's a similar scenario so, if he was right about the bakery, his bank was right in what they did.

It's either service to a customer no matter what,  or  service with strings attached.

But Coutts offered him a different account, so he could choose that one or any bank in this country or in another country.

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Of course it is a millions miles away. 

Coutts should establish in their service commitments the reasons why Farage and any others would get their accounts terminated.   It's quite apparent they wouldn't be bold enough to state it's because we don't agree

with your political views.

15 minutes ago, cressida said:

Coutts should establish in their service commitments the reasons why Farage and any others would get their accounts terminated.   It's quite apparent they wouldn't be bold enough to state it's because we don't agree

with your political views.

Coutts did eventually admit the reason why Nigel Farages's account  was terminated which is why they have apologised to him.  The BBC also today have apologised to Nigel Farage.  It is clear both Coutts and the BBC are the wrongdoings regarding this incident.  Poor contributors such as Magilla are also wrongdoers. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cressida said:

Coutts should establish in their service commitments the reasons why Farage and any others would get their accounts terminated.

Telling people why their accounts are being terminated would tip off those who are suspected of money laundering that they are being investigated. That's why law enforcement and other government agencies aren't happy about the idea.