Can Anyone Lend Farage A Tenner?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

There were a number of people mentioned on Talkradio this morning who suffered the same thing.

Most worrying was that Vicar, Rev Richard Fothergill, who claimed Yorkshire Building Society shut his accounts four days after he protested about the transgender ideology being promoted by them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12253081/Vicar-accuses-Yorkshire-Building-Society-bullying-closing-account-trans-protest.html

He is slagging a bank off (rightly or wrongly, I am not getting into a trans debate) why would they want him as a customer? A banking relationship works both ways.

Anyway, if he was that horrified at what the bank was doing why did he want an account there anyway, sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it.

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

(half a job harry)

Missing the point again .. .you're reading news and tweets, and presenting the reason contained in them as fact.

If that was the reason, why did they decline to tell him

Edited by fools

5 minutes ago, fools said:

missing the point.

the source of all truth is saying this is the reason, the bank hasn't commented, the complainant hadn't been told why as of last week, so either someone is leaking confidential information about someones bank account, or someone is speculating - how do they know his balance.

When contacted by the BBC, Farage was aware that his personal account was underfunded but that his business account had "large significant positive cash balances". 

The FT reported that because he had paid off his mortgage, he had no 'business' with the bank.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

He is slagging a bank off (rightly or wrongly, I am not getting into a trans debate) why would they want him as a customer? A banking relationship works both ways.

Anyway, if he was that horrified at what the bank was doing why did he want an account there anyway, sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it.

He may well have been thinking of leaving them, in fact I wish I'd known about all this when I had some cash I needed to invest, I wouldn't have chosen Yorkshire Building Society.... But  bank shutting all ones accounts puts one in a very awkward position with minimal time to do anything about it. No, that is no excuse, quite apart from anything the number one rule of business is the customer is always right, and in my experience they nearly always are . In 30 years of business I can only think of a few customers I would not deal with again and all of them involved bad debts.

2 minutes ago, fools said:

Missing the point again .. .you're reading news and tweets, and presenting the reason contained in them as fact.

I havent presented anything as fact, my first post on the subject of the tweet was replying to marts saying in the following tweets he says the banks terms say you must have 1m or 3m in its account. Ive said it sounds more plausible than what Farage stated (even though HE said the bank hadnt given him an explanation but he is stating as truth what he reckons has happened), this is just my opinion, not truth.

Youre just arguing the toss as usual.

Now ive told you twice, feel free to go through the banks terms to check if the £1m or £3m stands, if so those parts arent lies.

Apparently Yorkshire Building Society said :

"YBS, which looks after savings over three million customers, disputed Rev Fothergill's description of what occurred.

A spokesman said: 'We never close savings accounts based on different opinions regarding beliefs or feedback provided by our customers. 

'We only ever make the difficult decision to close a savings account if a customer is rude, abusive, violent or discriminates in any way, based on the specific facts, comments and behaviour in each case.'"

But that means nothing anyway !

They could be saying that someone disputing that a man cannot just become a woman is "rude".

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

He may well have been thinking of leaving them, in fact I wish I'd known about all this when I had some cash I needed to invest, I wouldn't have chosen Yorkshire Building Society.... But  bank shutting all ones accounts puts one in a very awkward position with minimal time to do anything about it. No, that is no excuse, quite apart from anything the number one rule of business is the customer is always right, and in my experience they nearly always are . In 30 years of business I can only think of a few customers I would not deal with again and all of them involved bad debts.

Letters I have seen usually give people 30 days minimum, unless the accounts have been closed for fraud (which doesnt seem to be the case here). Thirty days is plenty of time to my mind to make alternative banking arrangements.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, Annie Bynnol said:

When contacted by the BBC, Farage was aware that his personal account was underfunded but that his business account had "large significant positive cash balances". 

The FT reported that because he had paid off his mortgage, he had no 'business' with the bank.

how does he organise his sock drawer.

1 minute ago, fools said:

how does he organise his sock drawer.

white ones on top then the black ones get deported

edit for fools:- this isnt stated as truth its my opinion

Edited by melthebell
  • Haha 1

All of this is only an extension of what happened with PayPal with more than a few organisations, mainly anti lockdown ones, they shut their accounts, including "Us for them" :

Now PayPal cancels account of parents group that fought to keep schools open during Covid as well as the Free Speech Union, MPs hear
UsForThem fought hard for schools to stay open during the Covid-19 lockdown
Co-founder Molly Kinglsey said the group were 'taken aback' by PayPal's move
Finance giant came under fire after they cancelled Free Speech Union's account
MPs hit back today saying finance technology firms should not lock accounts based on 'perfectly legal political views'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11239733/Now-PayPal-cancels-account-parents-group-fought-schools-open-Covid-MPs-hear.html

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Letters I have seen usually give people 30 days minimum, unless the accounts have been closed for fraud (which doesnt seem to be the case here). Thirty days is plenty of time to my mind to make alternative banking arrangements.

Say what you like, the YBS should not be closing the account of anyone for their views. I just wish i knew about this 6 months ago.

I cannot shut my accounts now as they are 3 year bonds, it would be interesting to know if YBS would not feel they are bound by the same contract.....

Edited by Chekhov