The Impact Of Soaring Water Costs And Its Effect On Everyday Mums.

31 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Lock your door. Shut the curtains. Stick GBN on the telly and have a glass of binjuice.

You’ll soon feel better.

I've just done that, but preferred to watch Mr. Blokes rendition of "We didn't kill the forum"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

If someone talks about soaring water cost

The only thing that matters is whether they are telling the truth.

how much is your water

£1.60 / cubic metre.

Edited by fools

32 minutes ago, fools said:

If shouldn't matter, which is why the exclusion of a specific group should be questioned.

If I understood the complaint correctly, the Daily Mail are highlighting the fact that a left wing trans person was included in a vox pop from ITV.

I personally don't have a problem with someone of a different opinion to me being given space on TV, but the Daily Mail do.

Years ago, before all these culture wars became a consistent feature of right wing reporting, I would've said very few people would care.

Perhaps right wingers are aware they've lost the argument, and are elevating nonsense to rile their supporters into a froth. I cannot see any other purpose to it. 

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I'll watch them if they're on the news. 

I mean I won't get my notepad out and see if there are any trends in their backgrounds or sexual orientation or anything like that....

Funny though that this has been highlighted, yet in plain sight, the BBC can do a Question Time where the whole audience are Brexiteers, yet the Daily Mail still peddles the crap that the BBC are 'left wing liberals'.

Really, when was this?

55 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why does the gender and ethnic background of participants matter?

I mean I understand the Mail / Express / Telegraph line of having attractive young female students hugging each other as they clasp their exam results - presumably that satiates their readership need for 'Totty'; but aren't there more important factors?

Tell us about all the left wing bias on the BBC then.

I suggest you listen to radio 5 live in the mornings

I can't believe how left wing it is.

Didn't the BBC boycott showing the world cup opening ceremony, against that right wing country?

Edited by Al Bundy

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If I understood the complaint correctly, the Daily Mail are highlighting the fact that a left wing trans person was included in a vox pop from ITV.

I personally don't have a problem with someone of a different opinion to me being given space on TV, but the Daily Mail do.

Years ago, before all these culture wars became a consistent feature of right wing reporting, I would've said very few people would care.

Perhaps right wingers are aware they've lost the argument, and are elevating nonsense to rile their supporters into a froth. I cannot see any other purpose to it. 

The Daily Mail has the largest readership in the country and is ultra influential. They are Rabidly right wing and supporter of everything Conservative. Anything that doesn't fit into this narrative is traduced in some way and skewed to disguise it. Crumbs, they still support Boris Johnson, do you need any more proof...?.

Pre General Election we are entering into the Propaganda wars. The Media is the biggest influencer on who wins the next election, not the politicians. How things are reported is key. Bias is the name of the game.

Edited by Anna B

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Didn't the BBC boycott showing the world cup opening ceremony, against that right wing country?

No, they showed it on the Red Button, just like they did for the last few World Cup opening ceremonies as its nowhere near as big a "thing" as the Olympic opening ceremony and nobody really cares about it, its merely 30 minutes of ceremony at the ground where the first fixture is, plus a crap singer.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

No, they showed it on the Red Button, just like they did for the last few World Cup opening ceremonies as its nowhere near as big a "thing" as the Olympic opening ceremony and nobody really cares about it, its merely 30 minutes of ceremony at the ground where the first fixture is, plus a crap singer.

Was it on the main coverage or did the BBC not show it?

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Last week

The whole audience?

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Was it on the main coverage or did the BBC not show it?

The whole audience?

I already told you where they showed it.

On the red button.

Same as the 2018 World Cup. And the 2014 one. And the 2010 one. And likely the same for any Euros they showed the first game of.

Why did nobody get pissy about 2010-2018 being shunted to the red button? Odd, isnt it...

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1