The Impact Of Soaring Water Costs And Its Effect On Everyday Mums.

30 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Really, when was this?

22 June 2023

"Seven years on from the Brexit vote, Fiona Bruce hosts a special edition of Question Time in Clacton, with an audience of people who voted to leave. What do they now make of post-Brexit Britain?"

Edited by horribleblob

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Really?

Where is that information?

Happy to be corrected.

Will have a look later. The opening ceremony of football tournaments is meaningless tripe, nowhere near the gravitas of the Olympics and not a standalone event, it's 30 mins before the game

Whichever broadcaster has the first game cracks on with promoting the upcoming game and tournament rather than showing it on the main channel. 

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Will have a look later. The opening ceremony of football tournaments is meaningless tripe, nowhere near the gravitas of the Olympics and not a standalone event, it's 30 mins before the game

Whichever broadcaster has the first game cracks on with promoting the upcoming game and tournament rather than showing it on the main channel. 

Oh, I don't disagree its not everyone's cup of tea but I would be interested to find out if the opening ceremony was not on mainstream BBC in the years you mentioned.

👍

3 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

22 June 2023

"Seven years on from the Brexit vote, Fiona Bruce hosts a special edition of Question Time in Clacton, with an audience of people who voted to leave. What do they now make of post-Brexit Britain?"

Oh, so it was a brexit special dedicated to leave voters.

I was under the impression it was just a regular question time.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Really?

Where is that information?

Happy to be corrected.

2022 on red button, in full as actually confirmed by the actual host of the game... 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/read-this/gary-lineker-explains-why-qatar-world-cup-opening-ceremony-wasnt-shown-on-bbc-one-after-piers-morgan-hits-out-3925282

As for previous years you will have to take my word for it. My memory is the host in the studio (be it Lineker or whoever did it on ITV) used to, at best, dip into the opening ceremony for a few seconds at a time.  Bear in mind the BBC have not always had the opening game and it was moved in 2022 to a time before the BBC even came on air on the main channel. 

Not sure why this has become a discussion point in this thread? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

42 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If I understood the complaint correctly, the Daily Mail are highlighting the fact that a left wing trans person was included in a vox pop from ITV.

highlighting the fact that a left wing activist with an agenda was posing as a member of the public more like.

They don't care about your wing, they want clicks, just like the guardian who have published climate change articles by this activist.

6 minutes ago, fools said:

highlighting the fact that a left wing activist with an agenda was posing as a member of the public more like.

They don't care about your wing, they want clicks, just like the guardian who have published climate change articles by this activist.

Okay, well when does a left wing activist stop posing as a member of the public?

And what did they say which separates them from anybody else?

Years ago, papers like the Daily Mail used to get their knickers in a twist about organisations which elevated people's personal characteristics over and above anything else. Now it seems they've reverse ferreted and got their knickers in a twist about people's personal characteristics.

Simultaneously very odd and very trivial. 

Still, I suppose it keeps the froth dripping from their readership's mouths.

Edited by Mister M

7 minutes ago, fools said:

That's what you get when you live in a free society.

Russia or China are there if you were wanting an alternative.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Okay, well when does a left wing activist stop posing as a member of the public?

And what did they say which separates them from anybody else?

Years ago, papers like the Daily Mail used to get their knickers in a twist about organisations which elevated people's personal characteristics over and above anything else. Now it seems they've reverse ferreted and got their knickers in a twist about people's personal characteristics.

Both very odd and very trivial. 

Still, I suppose it keeps the froth dripping from their readership's mouths.

the only person getting their knickers in a twist and frothing about personal characteristics is you, (and a certain lefty MP)

haven't read the article, or watched the clip ... (obviously ... it's itv). If they introduced them properly, then there wouldn't be a story.

Oh no, the grinder has joined in now, he's feeling left out.

Edited by fools