French Police Say 'We Are At War With Vermin' As They Threaten Revolt

a person who resists arrest or questioning by the police and then does a runner is asking to be stopped violently.If as a result that person dies it is their own doing.I have no truck with the animals that are causing mindless damage and destruction and perhaps they should also be on the receiving end of the police bullets.All of this type of protest should be brought to a swift conclusion.Perhaps the uk police should all be carrying guns as well

• Like 1

The Paris massacre of 1961 was the mass killing of Algerians who were living in Paris by the French National Police. It occurred on 17 October 1961, during the Algerian War (1954–62). Under orders from the head of the Parisian police, Maurice Papon, the National Police attacked a demonstration by 30,000 pro-National Liberation Front (FLN) Algerians. After 37 years of denial and censorship of the press, in 1998 the government finally acknowledged 40 deaths, while some historians estimate that between 200 and 300 Algerians died.[3][4] Death was due to heavy-handed beating by the police, as well as mass drownings, as police officers threw demonstrators into the river Seine.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

The Paris massacre of 1961 was the mass killing of Algerians who were living in Paris by the French National Police. It occurred on 17 October 1961, during the Algerian War (1954–62). Under orders from the head of the Parisian police, Maurice Papon, the National Police attacked a demonstration by 30,000 pro-National Liberation Front (FLN) Algerians. After 37 years of denial and censorship of the press, in 1998 the government finally acknowledged 40 deaths, while some historians estimate that between 200 and 300 Algerians died.[3][4] Death was due to heavy-handed beating by the police, as well as mass drownings, as police officers threw demonstrators into the river Seine.

So what?

Surely you aren't trying to use this as justification for the current trouble? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I second that.  God  knows how much it must cost to get property and car insurance if you live in Paris. 

It happens all around the world and its catching on like some sort of fashion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, butlers said:

Context is important, also the French State dirty war during Algerian independence.

Again, so what?

Can I assume you are trying to justify this madness then?

Tell me, would you support a statue being erected in honour of Nahel? 

He could be Frances answer to George Floyd with the right kind of media attention? 

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Well it’s interesting to get a reply from you, 

Snipped 

I felt sorry for you.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Snipped 

what’s the question?

You tell me.

• Like 1