Lord Bob Kerslake

Ah yes, the man who SCC appointed as Chief Exec during the late 1990s.  The first thing he did was to announce a wholesale privatisation / sell off of Council services "to reduce costs & improve the service to the public".

The first batch was sold off to CSL (who later changed their name to Liberata because CSL had become extremely unpopular with the public due to a multitude of service delivery issues).  Then, when re-tendered at point of contract expiry, Capita got their hands on that tranche of work...

The vast majority of the services he flogged off to the private sector have since been taken back in-house by SCC - hence a failed experiment.

Edited by GleadlessLad

Bob was the most hardworking, talented, selfless and knowledgeable person I have ever met in my life or think I ever will. He made sheffield his home and worked tirelessly to further the city. He was that very rare phenomenon who - from people that actually knew him that is - you would not hear a bad word said about him. He is, was and will always be held in the highest regard by all those who met him, even for the briefest of times. He was a humble giant of a man and I am very sad at his passing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1