Students Littering Our Streets

Once again too many of the little darlings think it’s ok just to ditch their rubbish onto our streets when leaving for mummy and daddy. 
scc reckon they have a scheme but take a trip to Highfield or sparrow etc and it’s not working

whats the answer or do we have to put up with it?

I dont think its "ditching" it as such, its clearly good intentioned "leave it out next to the normal bins so that Veolia take it when they next empty the bins" but obviously they wont take anything extra and sometimes it could be 12/13 days until the black bin is emptied anyway.

The obvious solution would be to provide a load of skips but who pays for it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I dont think its "ditching" it as such, its clearly good intentioned "leave it out next to the normal bins so that Veolia take it when they next empty the bins" but obviously they wont take anything extra and sometimes it could be 12/13 days until the black bin is emptied anyway.

The obvious solution would be to provide a load of skips but who pays for it.

SHU/UoS?

Some students are messy.

Some students are tidy.

Some students leave things out that may be useful.

Some people look for useful or sellable stuff in the bins/bags and sometimes create a mess.

Some landlords contribute to the mess.

Solution- charge property owner for clean up.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Their students?

Doesnt make the university responsible for them outside of an education setting tbh. 

I mean, they COULD pay for skips but it would be goodwill and nothing more,  they certainly have no legal responsibility. The students are adults.   I dont think any of these is bad intentioned, they naively think the binmen will take everything.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Doesnt make the university responsible for them outside of an education setting tbh. 

I mean, they COULD pay for skips but it would be goodwill and nothing more,  they certainly have no legal responsibility. The students are adults.   I dont think any of these is bad intentioned, they naively think the binmen will take everything.

Maybe while they are educating them, they should instil a few lessons in social responsibility?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Maybe while they are educating them, they should instil a few lessons in social responsibility?

I am loathe to mention the words P*** H*** but they are hardly the only group to do this. Plus one is likely doing it on purpose and the other isnt....

• Like 1