Students Littering Our Streets

57 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Once again too many of the little darlings think it’s ok just to ditch their rubbish onto our streets when leaving for mummy and daddy. 
scc reckon they have a scheme but take a trip to Highfield or sparrow etc and it’s not working

whats the answer or do we have to put up with it?

I can’t tell the difference between a young student and any other young person.

They seem ok with dropping kebab boxes beer cans and bottles around town they don’t think twice about leaving lots of bin bags on the street when they go home to be mommies little darling again.

Edited by *Wallace*

54 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I can’t tell the difference between a young student and any other young person.

Quite true,  almost everybody litters our streets these days and most of the time, nobody seems to care or it wouldn't be happening.

Watch kids walking to school with mothers walking behind looking at their smart phones whilst kids drop wrappers.

Stop giving them council tax exemption and then that'll pay towards extra collections in future.

Roughly 30,000 students in Sheffield, back in my day most shared accommodation was 5 per house.

Band G property - £3200/yr x 6000 = £19.2 million for the coffers.

The biggest litter problem we have is the food debris tossed out of builders vehicles (3 sites on Manchester Road) and(cabs and private hire). One was so generous that they left a wallet and 12 different debit cards and £*hundred and seventy which unsurprisingly they never claimed for at the police station.

As for litter in town the idea that it is mainly caused by students is easily dismissed-by just watching who is there on Thu-Sat nights.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The biggest litter problem we have is the food debris tossed out of builders vehicles (3 sites on Manchester Road) and(cabs and private hire). One was so generous that they left a wallet and 12 different debit cards and £*hundred and seventy which unsurprisingly they never claimed for at the police station.

As for litter in town the idea that it is mainly caused by students is easily dismissed-by just watching who is there on Thu-Sat nights.

It's the culture amongst many young/very young people to toss their cans/wrappers wherever, some will chuck it at the side of a litter bin rather than in it.  Take any shop convenience store and the litter radiates 1/4 mile each way. Witness the verges along Wordsworth Avenue adjacent to the school and Asda. and down to and around the Post Office further down.

• Like 1

Sorry but too many folk are whittering about litter problems in general which agreed is a society problem

apologies if the title is misleading but my complaint is the manner in which year on year a large proportion of students dump their discarded belongings outside their rented properties with no respect for the community in which they have been part of. 
our two universities have a moral responsibility to take steps in my view and no it’s not a legal responsibility  but given they do act if complaints are made about anti social behaviour it’s high time they helped solve this mess and put money into it. Goodness knows they receive enough of it!

• Like 2

Just now, Man in Crete said:

Sorry but too many folk are whittering about litter problems in general which agreed is a society problem

apologies if the title is misleading but my complaint is the manner in which year on year a large proportion of students dump their discarded belongings outside their rented properties with no respect for the community in which they have been part of. 
our two universities have a moral responsibility to take steps in my view and no it’s not a legal responsibility  but given they do act if complaints are made about anti social behaviour it’s high time they helped solve this mess and put money into it. Goodness knows they receive enough of it!

And like I said, I highly doubt this is done with malice, they are (wrongly) thinking that the binmen will take it. They havent just woken up and though "ooh, you know what, lets dump a load of crap on the streets today".

• Like 1