Ebay And Paypal?

I've just sold an item for £120 and the buyer (at a trading estate) wants to pay by Paypal using my email address. Paypal is highlighted on my listing as one of the payment options, and as far as I can ascertain, the agreement with ebay runs out in July 2023 (no precise date given).

Anyone know if there is any potential downside to this from a seller's point of view?

3 minutes ago, carosio said:

I've just sold an item for £120 and the buyer (at a trading estate) wants to pay by Paypal using my email address. Paypal is highlighted on my listing as one of the payment options, and as far as I can ascertain, the agreement with ebay runs out in July 2023 (no precise date given).

Anyone know if there is any potential downside to this from a seller's point of view?

AFAIK, they don't need your email address - they just select that payment option and make the payment. Sounds dodgy to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

AFAIK, they don't need your email address - they just select that payment option and make the payment. Sounds dodgy to me.

The buyer's feedback says he's in USA, 0 feedback.

Just now, carosio said:

The buyer's feedback says he's in USA, 0 feedback.

Then I would say it is well dodgy. Send them a message - via the eBay site - advising them to make the payment via PP, then wait  for the cleared funds to appear in you bank account, before despatching the item.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Personally I wouldnt sell to anyone outside the UK, but thats only my personal preference. Is he covering the postage?

If they pay via PP, and you get the cleared funds, there is no real issue. AIUI, the delivery is to a UK location, so will only cost UK carriage charges.

Still looks dodgy to me.

It gives 2009,  They are all good, but all under 'more than a year ago'.

under DETAILED SELLER RATINGS, it says:   This information will be available when this member receives at least 10 detailed seller ratings.

It's a rare and sought after audio item.

1 minute ago, carosio said:

It gives 2009,  They are all good, but all under 'more than a year ago'.

under DETAILED SELLER RATINGS, it says:   This information will be available when this member receives at least 10 detailed seller ratings.

It's a rare and sought after audio item.

I would do as I said in post #4