Happy Independence Day 2023

On 05/07/2023 at 05:29, Sierra said:

Thank you Phan, you always remember. My old friend, how are you doing?  :wave: How is your family? 

It's really noisy where I am right now. So. Many. Fireworks. Our neighbors had a HUGE barbecue. We went for a bit, but it's hot here and there were a ton of people.  All nice folks, but our house is cool and quiet.  So after dinner, we went home before the explosions started.  

When I was a child, we used to sing America The  Beautiful  in school  and even to my young ears back then,  it sounded awful.  But when Ray Charles sings it, it sounds magnificent. 

I am terribly worried about my country, but I still love it and feel fortunate to have been born here.  Best wishes from this American to all you good Sheffield folk.  :D

The family is grown up @Sierra and thriving thank you, I hope you and yours are well! Delighted you looked in and saw this. Back in 2005 the internet was a smaller, quieter place, and the forum was tiny.  You were always a great ambassador for the USA, and changed my views more than once in our conversations. Can't go back, but I can remember, and a little ritual like this is a good way of helping that memory stay put!

So best wishes to you and yours, stay safe and well.

P