Woke Businesses Which Tell Their Customers How To Think (Or Else. )

10 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Is that all that it has ever had on it?

This thread is about businesses who refuse to deal with customers because of their moral positions or views, despite the fact those views are actually more mainstream than the ones the organisations are propounding.

I have never refused to deal with any customer, new or existing, except, quite reasonably, ones who owe me money.

Are you trolling here ?

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Of course it is. Its no different to you or me deciding to initially bank with Natwest instead of HSBC. Free choice. Works both ways.

>>This thread is about businesses who refuse to deal with customers because of their moral positions or views, despite the fact those views are actually more mainstream than the ones the organisations are propounding.<<

On the above basis whether a bank refuses to open an account, or subsequently closes it, it immaterial.

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is this lie going to be edited?

As above.

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

How dare you post a link in here that totally contradicts the point Chekhov is trying to make.  Very unthoughtful.

How does that link contradict my point ?

If they really did close the account because they disagreed with the customers views that supports my point.

Edited by Chekhov

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Most of these links will be to the Daily Mail because they do not have a paywall.

And also because the Daily Mail is fully on board with 'culture wars' type stories, in a way that some other publications aren't.

Be careful though, the Daily Mail have a history of lying to annoy their readers and in some way steer the national conversation:

You may remember that before wokeness became the choice label to mock, the Daily Mail frothed about (IIRC) Birmingham City Council's decision to rename Christmas as Winterval. Predictably people went nuts at once again 'political correctness going maaaad'

In fact Birmingham City Council hadn't. It was something that the Daily Mail made up.

All grist to the mill.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have done but it's not really that significant is it.

A lie is always significant as you point out with health authorities.

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This thread is about businesses who refuse to deal with customers because of their moral positions or views, despite the fact those views are actually more mainstream than the ones the organisations are propounding.

I have never refused to deal with any customer, new or existing, except, quite reasonably, ones who owe me money.

Are you trolling here ?

I’m not trolling.

I’m trying to establish whether you’ve ever used the display in your shop window to project your own views.

About covid, for example.

Its relevant, don’t you think? So, please answer the question.

If a Bank does not want to do business with a new potential  business customer for whatever reasons then I do not see that as a big issue.  Private Bank accounts are a different issue though because everyone really needs access to a bank account in the modern World.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

If a Bank does not want to do business with a new potential  business customer for whatever reasons then I do not see that as a big issue.  Private Bank accounts are a different issue though because everyone really needs access to a bank account in the modern World.

Agreed, @Axe, but common courtesy would be to give a reason?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

>>This thread is about businesses who refuse to deal with customers because of their moral positions or views, despite the fact those views are actually more mainstream than the ones the organisations are propounding.<<

On the above basis whether a bank refuses to open an account, or subsequently closes it, it immaterial.

An individual may choose which bank to bank with based on a moral position or view. It is no different.

The Farage case is rather more basic. To have a Coutts account you need to keep £3million in funds.  Nigel slipped below this and was offered a standard Natwest account instead. They say it's still on offer. But a Coutts account is a nice thing to flash if you are a high net worth individual.  He is apparently in reduced circumstances. 

But the issue is important. If I owned a water company can I turn off your supply because I don't like your attitude?  Our government bailed out the banks not long ago, they need to stick to their knitting and not play God. 

• Like 1