Woke Businesses Which Tell Their Customers How To Think (Or Else. )

6 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Yours?

Not often, because they make my eyes bleed.

In this case, I did. I found your wriggling quite amusing.

The fact remains that your business has a history of telling people what to think. Yet, here you are moaning about other businesses doing the same thing.

Well done.

Exactly, you do not read the posts you are answering, that is plain.

5 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Chekhov has always believed that the rules which should govern others,  should not apply to him.

At least we know now that he's running a "Woke" business and I thought he hated "Woke".

Where have I ever said that ?

You are making things up, again.

Basically I think there should be less regulation and fewer rules, for everyone.

People individual freedoms should be regarded as one of  the most important factors by default.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Exactly, you do not read the posts you are answering, that is plain.

Where have I ever said that ?

You are making things up, again.

Basically I think there should be less regulation and fewer rules, for everyone.

People individual freedoms should be regarded as one of  the most important factors by default.

Do you think that Governments should tell these businesses, or even force them not to engage in social, economic or environmental causes?

11 hours ago, Hecate said:

I wonder what's going on here: RBS closes gender equality campaigner’s bank account.

as usual with this kind of clickbait stories   ditto  that related to 'Our duty' and Metro bank's refusla to offer them an account   there is far more going on that the  credulous  and cynical press reporting  shows.  

There is evidence that  'Gender Critical'  ( i.e. transphobic) groupos are accepting money from extremist  groups and  foreign  state actors ... there are also some  very suspicious Crowdfunders  asscoaited with these groups 

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Do you think that Governments should tell these businesses, or even force them not to engage in social, economic or environmental causes?

Banks, which have to be licenced AFAIK,  for certain yes, they have responsibilities to their customers that outweigh anything else. And certainly far more important than woke virtue signalling.

Having ones bank account(s) closed could be very inconvenient, possibly even worse for a business.

20 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

There is evidence that  'Gender Critical'  ( i.e. transphobic) groups are accepting money from extremist  groups and  foreign  state actors ... there are also some  very suspicious Crowdfunders  asscoaited with these groups 

What evidence ?

The great majority of people think all this obsession with trans rights, a tiny number of people remember, is cobblers.

If you think I am wrong on that I would suggest you get out and talk to real people (and not students or members of the Labour party)

Edited by Chekhov

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/07/04/most-high-street-banks-are-signed-up-to-stonewall-diversity-schemes/

Most High Street Banks are Signed Up to Stonewall Diversity Schemes

Stonewall guidance has included describing mothers as a “parent who has given birth”, to remove gendered language and to allow those who self-identify as women to use female toilets and changing rooms.

I would be surprised if more than 10% of the public agree with this kind of cobblers. 

21 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

as usual with this kind of clickbait stories   ditto  that related to 'Our duty' and Metro bank's refusla to offer them an account   there is far more going on that the  credulous  and cynical press reporting  shows.  

There is evidence that  'Gender Critical'  ( i.e. transphobic) groupos are accepting money from extremist  groups and  foreign  state actors ... there are also some  very suspicious Crowdfunders  asscoaited with these groups 

That is true and a very good point

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Banks, which have to be licenced AFAIK,  for certain yes, they have responsibilities to their customers that outweigh anything else. And certainly far more important than woke virtue signalling.

Having ones bank account(s) closed could be very inconvenient, possibly even worse for a business.

I agree that banks shouldn't close people's accounts for the account holder's political views.

As for things like allaying themselves to various causes, raising money for charity etc well the Government can't and shouldn't dictate that.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

What evidence ?

The great majority of people think all this obsession with trans rights, a tiny number of people remember, is cobblers.

If you think I am wrong on that I would suggest you get out and talk to real people (and not students or members of the Labour party)

Although if you look at the Sheffield Forum's trans thread - it isn't people who are advocating for trans rights who are obsessed with the issue, but those who are firmly opposed to it who post a great deal about it. 

• Like 1