Looking For A Driving Instructor

Looking for a line on a decent driving instructor that can do a semi intensive course of lessons before I go back to work in August.

Looking at doing an hour or two a day, 5 days a week.

Have had lessons in the past. About 14hrs about 8 years ago.

Live in the S2 area.

Any recommendations welcome.

15 hours ago, Sperlunkervich said:

Looking for a line on a decent driving instructor that can do a semi intensive course of lessons before I go back to work in August.

Looking at doing an hour or two a day, 5 days a week.

Have had lessons in the past. About 14hrs about 8 years ago.

Live in the S2 area.

Any recommendations welcome.

Sorry I can't help you directly because I left Sheffield over 50 years ago and my driving instructor who had a Mk1 mini and a Mini Pickup will long ago have joined the driving school in the sky.

I would say, however that you are doing the right thing having intensive lessons. When I was 17 I booked 10 lessons, Mon, Weds and Fri for 3 weeks and 1 before my test from Sharrow Lane. In between time I practised on Dad's Austin A55 Farina.

Managed to pass first time and that was followed by a 'baptism by fire', although that should read 'ice' as I travelled in my 1952 Austin A40 Somerset from S12 to Chesterfield College all through the horrendous winter of '62/63.

As a student a friend and I had p/t jobs teaching driving at the Brian Tindall school in Handsworth.

Subsequently successfully taught my wife and 3 sons.

Good luck with your test.

echo.