I.D Refusal At Asda.

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Probably because said care worker thought it was good practise to allow the young man some autonomy over his own life. She was still supervising him at a distance, and it sounds like he behaved exactly as he should. Every mother will know what she was about.

How hypocritical to say the care worker should buy it for him, and then give it to him. How is he ever going to learn to take  responsibility for his own actions and how to behave if he never gets the opportunity to try. I think on this occasion she probably knew best, certainly better than a young shop assistant, although the assistant was put in a difficult position and deserves a bit of leeway.

Has it been stated anywhere that the check out operator was young?

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

Probably because said care worker thought it was good practise to allow the young man some autonomy over his own life. She was still supervising him at a distance, and it sounds like he behaved exactly as he should. Every mother will know what she was about.

How hypocritical to say the care worker should buy it for him, and then give it to him. How is he ever going to learn to take  responsibility for his own actions and how to behave if he never gets the opportunity to try. I think on this occasion she probably knew best, certainly better than a young shop assistant, although the assistant was put in a difficult position and deserves a bit of leeway.

You've summed it up nicely there; working with people with learning difficulties in the community is all about encouraging them to be as independent as possible to develop their confidence, which is why his carer will have been so angry. The behaviour of the assistant will have undermined the work this young man's carers, who will be in a better position than her to know if it was alright for him to buy alcohol, have been doing with him. As you say though, if she felt she was liable for any untoward consequences, I can understand her reluctance.

• Thanks 1

Won't name the Asda; never actually witnessed the 'incident'? 

Never happened! 

Someone told me about Tesco's, (not saying which one, I wasn't there, I didn't witness it & neither did anyone else!) but they stopped a bloke, suspecting him of shoplifting.  He had a false leg, which they took off him to stop him doing a runner. 

Does Tesco have a right? 

As The Daddy would write, your views please?  Or you could take it with a pinch of salt.  

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Won't name the Asda; never actually witnessed the 'incident'? 

Never happened! 

Someone told me about Tesco's, (not saying which one, I wasn't there, I didn't witness it & neither did anyone else!) but they stopped a bloke, suspecting him of shoplifting.  He had a false leg, which they took off him to stop him doing a runner. 

Does Tesco have a right? 

As The Daddy would write, your views please?  Or you could take it with a pinch of salt.  

Now then Mr. Baron,

In defense of the Daddy I would like to make a comment..

On many occasions the forum gets very tiring, and then up pops the Daddy.

The forum then springs to life.

His threads attract many comments, some positive, some negative, I always find them very interesting, and for good measure a bit of humour gets chucked in.. 

Even your good self will make a contribution, and this is not a dig at you, as I always enjoy your posts (except Syrups joke thread)

Keep posting Daddy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Now then Mr. Baron,

His threads attract many comments, some positive, some negative, I always find them very interesting, and for good measure a bit of humour gets chucked in.. 

Even your good self will make a contribution, and this is not a dig at you, as I always enjoy your posts (except Syrups joke thread)

Keep posting Daddy.

Well said Padders. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Now then Mr. Baron,

Keep posting Daddy.

Now then Mr Padders. 

I don't mind anyone postulating to get a thread going but let's no get fact confused with fiction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1