Car Parks That Used To Be Called Streets

2 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Res.  Research was  carried out by Living Streets

So the "research" was done by an organisation with a bias negative towards car usage rather than an independent study.

As already stated by @busdriver1 car ownership was on the rise long before privatisation. The main reasons for that increase was affordability and social mobility. 

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Be prepared to get 'clothes lined' and end up on your arse if you cycle on the pavement past me.

The utter entitlement that you think it's OK to break the law because you're inconvenienced in the most pathetically minor way.

It's cyclists like you that kick and scream that other road users need to share the road & follow the rules but then go apoplectic when you're expected to do the same and you wonder why most road users dislike cyclists. 

in the 80's some up standing citizen clothed lined a public footpath at Creswell the lad who was on a off road motor cycle was server ly injured ,

He is now disabled . My bike is my equivale  of a electric invalid  chair that so many use now because they are to lazy to walk ( not the majority )

I use it to get around it does the job and keeps me fit and thin . My knees are knackered through hard graft in the building trade and  it is more easy to ride a bike than walk or run .

I have been knocked of the bike a no of times on the road , The excuse  has always been the same , "I did not see him sir " Did not see him ??????and driving a two ton weapon my arsse 

You sound a tough guy resident , on here that is .

1 hour ago, Resident said:

So the "research" was done by an organisation with a bias negative towards car usage rather than an independent study.

As already stated by @busdriver1 car ownership was on the rise long before privatisation. The main reasons for that increase was affordability and social mobility. 

Just been on holiday and was talking to a bus driver from Sheffield he said "i hate cyclists " and he is driving a BUS?????

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

*absolute drivel*

Just been on holiday and was talking to a bus driver from Sheffield he said "i hate cyclists " and he is driving a BUS?????

Maybe it's possible that his dislike of cyclists comes from the fact that, as I have witnessed often in Sheffield, they take no notice of the law or other road users around them and consistently put themselves in a position where the bus driver has to take avoiding action, potentially injuring passengers on-board and that puts his licence and job at risk.

It's also possible that whilst driving a bus the driver remains profession regardless of his personal feelings. In my job I dislike some of my clients however I still treat them like any other client.

There are a number of "home-brew" electric bikes flying around the city centre, ones that EXCEED the legal limitations of ebikes (EPAC). Usually the riders have some form of delivery company bag on their back. 

How do I know these bikes exceed EPAC? Because on a regular basis I have followed them through 20mph zones, sticking to the limit myself and they've exceeded that limit, at times I would estimate their speed to be in the 30mph region, which is TWICE the EPAC limit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Maybe it's possible that his dislike of cyclists comes from the fact that, as I have witnessed often in Sheffield, they take no notice of the law or other road users around them and consistently put themselves in a position where the bus driver has to take avoiding action, potentially injuring passengers on-board and that puts his licence and job at risk.

It's also possible that whilst driving a bus the driver remains profession regardless of his personal feelings. In my job I dislike some of my clients however I still treat them like any other client.

There are a number of "home-brew" electric bikes flying around the city centre, ones that EXCEED the legal limitations of ebikes (EPAC). Usually the riders have some form of delivery company bag on their back. 

How do I know these bikes exceed EPAC? Because on a regular basis I have followed them through 20mph zones, sticking to the limit myself and they've exceeded that limit, at times I would estimate their speed to be in the 30mph region, which is TWICE the EPAC limit. 

that behaviour is crap , what about the neck wire across a path that will sort it waint it

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

And? I know an airline pilot who hates cyclists. That is about as relevant to this thread as your comment.

21 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

that behaviour is crap , what about the neck wire across a path that will sort it waint it

What a surprise. A cyclist who can't have a sensible conversation when it turns to the illegal/dangerous behaviour of cyclists. 

It's tedious and another reason why cyclists are dislike. 

15 minutes ago, Resident said:

What a surprise. A cyclist who can't have a sensible conversation when it turns to the illegal/dangerous behaviour of cyclists. 

It's tedious and another reason why cyclists are dislike. 

just run me ore next time tha sees me , make sure you are safe in your little tin box though . have a nice day pal .

15 minutes ago, Resident said:

Little bit angry are we? 

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't know where he went on holiday...

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

in the 80's some up standing citizen clothed lined a public footpath at Creswell the lad who was on a off road motor cycle was server ly injured ,

He is now disabled . My bike is my equivale  of a electric invalid  chair that so many use now because they are to lazy to walk ( not the majority )

I use it to get around it does the job and keeps me fit and thin . My knees are knackered through hard graft in the building trade and  it is more easy to ride a bike than walk or run .

I have been knocked of the bike a no of times on the road , The excuse  has always been the same , "I did not see him sir " Did not see him ??????and driving a two ton weapon my arsse 

You sound a tough guy resident , on here that is .

... but I think I'd be asking for my money back! :hihi:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Resident said:

Be prepared to get 'clothes lined' and end up on your arse if you cycle on the pavement past me.

The utter entitlement that you think it's OK to break the law because you're inconvenienced in the most pathetically minor way.

It's cyclists like you that kick and scream that other road users need to share the road & follow the rules but then go apoplectic when you're expected to do the same and you wonder why most road users dislike cyclists. 

Internet-based hard man. Tragic.

Edited by Bargepole23
  • Like 1