Scottish Government Want Drug Possion To Be Legal

Well, it'd be a great way to get rid of all the drug users in England. 

Plus with the UK heading towards zero carbon emissions & oil being phased out, there's going to be no market for "Oooour oil", so the SNP could tax drug use & use that to prop up the Scottish economy. 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well, it'd be a great way to get rid of all the drug users in England. 

Plus with the UK heading towards zero carbon emissions & oil being phased out, there's going to be no market for "Oooour oil", so the SNP could tax drug use & use that to prop up the Scottish economy. 

My bold:   Is it really ?  You need to watch the news.

We are way behind and the government's losing heart fast.   They are busy reversing on all their promises,  and the rest of the world's not much better.

I can't see this working in Scotland. It might work in Portugal but having travelled there quite often they have a completely different mindset to the Scots.

I do believe this system is creating havoc in ultra liberal cities in North America.

• Like 1

If the law was ever changed inline with what the Scottish ministers want, what effect if any, would there be  on the illegal street dealers?  

For example, if drug users felt imune from prosecution for possession maybe they would buy larger amounts. Would dealer activity also increase? Would 'none users'   be tempted  to try the goods?

Edited by Janus

12 minutes ago, Janus said:

If the law was ever changed inline with what the Scottish ministers want, what effect if any, would there be  on the illegal street dealers?  

For example, if drug users felt imune from prosecution for possession maybe they would buy larger amounts. Would dealer activity also increase? Would 'none users'   be tempted  to try the goods?

Not if they had any sense.

On 07/07/2023 at 13:05, mart said:

Is this a good idea or bad? The level of alcohol deaths in Scotland are ok arn't they?:huh:

It's almost like drugs and alcohol are legal already?

I am told a house a few doors away is a drug dealer, he seems to be open for customers longer than the local shop.

Just look at the state of Sheffield City Centre

Spice is regarded as a soft drug and is taken openly and dealers are free to ply their trade 

I've seen people buying drugs outside the police station

The attitude is what's the point of arresting people who don't care if they are arrested

Especially as they won't go to jail 

Edited by Jack Grey