My Thoughts Entirely

2 minutes ago, Palomar said:

That's for them to decide, it's nothing to be ashamed of

No. You called them out, you need to show where you consider the line. 

I know many leftist that call people right wingers when in actual fact the ones they're calling it are pretty much centrist. 

14 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'd be interested to know what jobs the forum right wingers do? They don't appear to be very economically active to me. 

Personally I made my money and paid off my house 25 years ago and now I only work if it looks interesting, I claim no benefits. I'm happy to pay taxes to support those who don't work, or don't want to.

Despite having a car I walk and cycle most places, grow food, play gigs, and I love the lefty enclave where I live where everyone is so positive and supportive, and happy.

Exactly the same, apart from I don't voluntary help those who don't want to work, play gigs or cycle. I have chickens also, around 20.

I live mainly in an area that I presume is a mix of all kinds rather than insolate myself within one political group.

Certain folk are positive, some are always wanting to blame others for their misery and are constantly trying to tell everyone what they should be doing.

Edited by Al Bundy

4 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'd be interested to know what jobs the forum right wingers do? They don't appear to be very economically active to me. 

Personally I made my money and paid off my house 25 years ago and now I only work if it looks interesting, I claim no benefits. I'm happy to pay taxes to support those who don't work, or don't want to.

Despite having a car I walk and cycle most places, grow food, play gigs, and I love the lefty enclave where I live where everyone is so positive and supportive, and happy.

What a refreshing post. 

Nice to hear from someone who leads a life that's not completely taken up by eating, drinking,  flying on holiday and ranting about taxes and immigrants.

I would guess their jobs suit their lifestyles and include a lot of driving, flying etc and generally just talking and being idle.  None at all in heavy manual work I expect.

For Resident:   If your life's taken up by eating, drinking, flying on holiday and ranting about taxes and immigrants, you are most likely one of the "forum right wingers"

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

What a refreshing post. 

Nice to hear from someone who leads a life that's not completely taken up by eating, drinking,  flying on holiday and ranting about taxes and immigrants.

I would guess their jobs suit their lifestyles and include a lot of driving, flying etc and generally just talking and being idle.  None at all in heavy manual work I expect.

For Resident:   If your life's taken up by eating, drinking, flying on holiday and ranting about taxes and immigrants, you are most likely one of the "forum right wingers"

A classic - for all the wrong reasons. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Exactly the same, apart from I don't voluntary help those who don't want to work, play gigs or cycle. I have chickens also, around 20.

I live mainly in an area that I presume is a mix of all kinds rather than insolate myself within one political group.

Certain folk are positive, some are always wanting to blame others for their misery and are constantly trying to tell everyone what they should be doing.

You mean those who blame lefties, striking doctors and nurses and immigrants,  for them having to pay a bit of tax.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

A classic - for all the wrong reasons. 🤣

Right reasons from my side of the divide,  only wrong from yours,  so that puts you as a righty too

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Exactly the same, apart from I don't voluntary help those who don't want to work, play gigs or cycle.

I've lived in my area for over 30 years, the positive ethos has grown in that time, in some small part I have helped create it.

You are someone who comes across as miserable and prescriptive.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

What a refreshing post. 

Sounds good to me, what's wrong with eating, drinking, going on holiday and being concerned about high taxes and high levels of illegal immigration?

You make it sound like that's a bad thing!!!

Priceless.