My Thoughts Entirely

7 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I've lived in my area for over 30 years, the positive ethos has grown in that time, in some small part I have helped create it.

You are someone who comes across as miserable and prescriptive.

Well that just goes to show how wrong you can be.

A left winger calling a right winger prescriptive!!!

The irony.

I would lay my bottom dollar I am much more self sufficient than you. 

A right winger who grows his own fruit and vegetables and has chickens, I bet that's making your head explode.

Edited by Al Bundy

15 minutes ago, Resident said:

No. You called them out, you need to show where you consider the line. 

I know many leftist that call people right wingers when in actual fact the ones they're calling it are pretty much centrist. 

People have complex and often contradictory beliefs, I don't know enough about people on here to make a judgement on who is right or left, perhaps they need to decide for themselves or do some Political Compass type test.

3 minutes ago, Palomar said:

People have complex and often contradictory beliefs, I don't know enough about people on here to make a judgement on who is right or left, perhaps they need to decide for themselves or do some Political Compass type test.

But you know enough to say there are right wingers on these forums. You then state that it's upto them to announce themselves. 

That can only mean you HAVE mad the judgement of who's right wing or not. 

Come on, don't be shy, else as per your signature, the 90s are calling....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Resident said:

No. You called them out, you need to show where you consider the line. 

I know many leftist that call people right wingers when in actual fact the ones they're calling it are pretty much centrist. 

It wasn't Palomar who called then out  -  it was me.

It isn't the leftist, rightist, centrist,  labels that count,  it's the way they think.

Ranting about paying taxes,  immigrants and strikers usually is a pretty good guide that you're a righty.

That should be easy enough for you.

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You mean those who blame lefties, striking doctors and nurses and immigrants,  for them having to pay a bit of tax.

Right reasons from my side of the divide,  only wrong from yours,  so that puts you as a righty too

You're words, not mine.

Surprised you think like that to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

But you know enough to say there are right wingers on these forums. You then state that it's upto them to announce themselves. 

That can only mean you HAVE mad the judgement of who's right wing or not. 

Come on, don't be shy, else as per your signature, the 90s are calling....

There are right wingers on every mixed public forum and in every community just as there are also lefties.  The centrists are those who are trying to hide their true colours.

We ALL,  constantly make judgements of everyone we meet,  every post  or opinion we read or hear.  That's the way life works.

Sounds like you're either ashamed or angry at your own beliefs.

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well that just goes to show how wrong you can be.

A left winger calling a right winger prescriptive!!!

The irony.

I would lay my bottom dollar I am much more self sufficient than you. 

A right winger who grows his own fruit and vegetables and has chickens, I bet that's making your head explode.

Right, authoritarian, prescriptive, yup they often go together.

Ok I'll raise you:

Best allotment on the plot, plus giving out hundreds of freebies to other growers.

40 gallons of wine last year.

Do all my own plumbing, electrics, plastering, building, appliance repairs, engine repairs.

Make and fix computers, musical instruments, electronics.

Freeze and bottle food for the winter, grow and forage mushrooms and plants.

10 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Right, authoritarian, prescriptive, yup they often go together.

Ok I'll raise you:

Best allotment on the plot, plus giving out hundreds of freebies to other growers.

40 gallons of wine last year.

Do all my own plumbing, electrics, plastering, building, appliance repairs, engine repairs.

Make and fix computers, musical instruments, electronics.

Freeze and bottle food for the winter, grow and forage mushrooms and plants.

I will call.

My vineyard produces much more.

I can't claim to give away food because my neighbours also grow their own as do most of my village.

I do my own plumbing and engine repairs but hopeless with electrics.

I also jar up fruits and vegetables, store them in my cellar for the winters months.

I repair old wood burning stoves for a hobby and a small income.

I voluntary rescue cats and dogs and try to re-home them.

Fungi and fauna ....Can I claim my brother being one of the UK's leading experts in this field?

Also, will you marry me?

• Haha 1

can someone tell me what a left winger is also what a right winger is? am I correct in thinking after reading most of the posters above that a left winger is some one who supports lets say the jnr doctors strike who, reportedly are on £14 an hour.

or the right wing that thinks keep them on £14an hour till they cause that much trouble till we have to give them a 50p an hour rise?

then there's the centre rights,centre lefts, moderates ----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1