My Thoughts Entirely

Guest ThaBoom
On 08/07/2023 at 13:15, kidley said:
Not often I copy and share but every word of this is the truth!
Worked hard for over 40years…. I need to rant for just a moment. I'm getting old and I’ve worked hard all my life. I have made my reputation, the good and the bad, I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I have worked hard to get where I am in life. I have juggled my job, my family, and made many sacrifices up front to secure a life for my family. It wasn’t always easy and still isn't, but I did it all while maintaining my integrity and my principles. I made mistakes and tried to learn from them. I have friends of every walk of life and if you’re in my circle, it should be understood that I don’t have to remind you of what I’d be willing to do for you.
However....
I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. People who have sacrificed nothing and feel entitled to receive everything.
I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it themselves.
I'm really tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which, no one is allowed to debate.
I'm really tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talk like their opinions matter to the common man. I’m tired of any of them even pretending they can relate to the life and bank account that I have.
I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.
I’m upset that I’m labeled as a racist because I am proud of my heritage. I never stole any ones land, the government did that..
I’m tired of being told I need to accept the latest fad or politically correct stupidity or befriending a group that’s intent on killing me because I won’t convert to their point of view.
I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. Especially the ones that want me to fund it. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.
Yes, I'm really tired. But, I'm also glad to be in the twilight of my life. Because mostly, I'm not going to have to see the retched, depressing world these useless idiots are creating. And lastly, because even though I shouted from the rooftops, no one listened or seemed to give a damn. You reap what you sow, and so do your children.
No one is entitled to anything. You have a choice to work, a choice to stay off drugs, a choice to make something of yourself. I have nothing to do with your choice. That's all on you. You are entitled to what you earn.
There is no way these thoughts will be widely publicised, unless each of us sends it on! Surely, the politically correct police censors will try to quiet us.
And I'm fkn tired of a government who have created over 100 new taxes (sugar tax etc) in order to grease their own palms. The lazy ******** in the House of Lords who do fk all but sleep for a fortune. The pricks who believe i should work to fk knows what age, and that my pension is a benefit, even tho i have paid for it all my fkn life 🤬🤬.
“Copy and paste”. I did👍🏻
Thanks!

Could have just said "life's a bitch, and then you die".

12 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Could have just said "life's a bitch, and then you die".

Very well put.

Much quicker and easier to get the right wingers favourite message over.

Some people do feel sorry for themselves and blubber a lot.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Especially those on the left.

That's a right wing blubber message,  but we already knew that the righties want leaving alone in their greed.

ThaBoom summed it up perfectly for the righties.

All I would say as a lefty,  who is quite comfortable and not at all envious of anybody,  is that some of those on the right don't know what a day's work is.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's a right wing blubber message,  but we already knew that the righties want leaving alone in their greed.

All I would say as a lefty,  who is quite comfortable and not at all envious of anybody,  is that some of those on the right don't know what a day's work is.

Actually, I'm a true 'centrist', and although I had, shall we say, a 'hard' upbringing, I'm quite happy, and, like you, not envious of anyone else.

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I didn't think you had a sense of humour!!

My apologies.

👍

• Haha 1

On 09/07/2023 at 09:55, Resident said:

The problem is that as soon as someone tries to pop their head above the parapet and stand with these thoughts, they're branded an *insert term*-IST and criminalised.

I would say that,   apart from Dave_the_m,  everybody who's expressed an opinion,  has stood with these thoughts and NOT been branded at all.

Dave is the only poster who has said " they are not his thoughts" so it would seem that we two,  are the only ones who don't agree.

We hear a lot from such as those who wrote post 1,  who always start "I've worked hard all my life"  as though that's something unusual.  that should be accepted as the norm and should go without saying.

Although I'm left of centre in my beliefs,  I believe that work should be compulsory for all those capable,  who are not in education or retirement. It would stop all the "I've been to work"  merchants from  bragging.

The post is simply saying "I'm willing to work but,  I don't like paying  tax,   I don't agree with letting immigrants in"  and    "I don't like rules & regulations.  In other words he's a,    "do as I please"   selfish guy  

33 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I would say that,   apart from Dave_the_m,  everybody who's expressed an opinion,  has stood with these thoughts and NOT been branded at all.

Dave is the only poster who has said " they are not his thoughts" so it would seem that we two,  are the only ones who don't agree.

We hear a lot from such as those who wrote post 1,  who always start "I've worked hard all my life"  as though that's something unusual.  that should be accepted as the norm and should go without saying.

Although I'm left of centre in my beliefs,  I believe that work should be compulsory for all those capable,  who are not in education or retirement. It would stop all the "I've been to work"  merchants from  bragging.

The post is simply saying "I'm willing to work but,  I don't like paying  tax,   I don't agree with letting immigrants in"  and    "I don't like rules & regulations.  In other words he's a,    "do as I please"   selfish guy  

So you would make folk work who are able and stop their benefits?

I am warming to you...

👍

I don't see why able bodied people should be allowed to sit at home doing nothing if they are long term unemployed.

There should be a time limit on unemployment benefits but,  at the same time,  minimum wage should be a proper wage,  so that people in work don't have to claim benefits.

Training courses need looking at too because many of those are laughable and just a source of cheap labour for employers.

I would even go so far as considering bringing back national service to instill discipline and work ethos in the young.

The country is truly a damned disgrace compared to the one I grew up in.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

So you would make folk work who are able and stop their benefits?

I am warming to you...

👍

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't see why able bodied people should be allowed to sit at home doing nothing if they are long term unemployed.

There should be a time limit on unemployment benefits but,  at the same time,  minimum wage should be a proper wage,  so that people in work don't have to claim benefits.

Training courses need looking at too because many of those are laughable and just a source of cheap labour for employers.

I would even go so far as considering bringing back national service to instill discipline and work ethos in the young.

The country is truly a damned disgrace compared to the one I grew up in.

Probably one of the only times I've agreed with what you've said. 

Personally I think the DWP, specifically the JobCentre side of things needs a massive overhaul. 

No1: Total of benefits paid out (after ringfencing the genuinely disabled) should not exceed 75-80% of the total of a min wage job @ 40hrs.  When I say total, rent, council tax discount etc all count towards this cap. 

No2: The MAXIUMUM time you should be able to claim jobseekers allowance is 6 months. In that 6 months you will be assessed for your skills and qualifications and expected to be actively looking for work. After 6 months the jobcentre sends you to an employer who has a vacancy suited to your skills and education. Refuse and no benefits, purposely get sacked, no benefits. 

Anyone who is dependant soley on the state for their survival should also be subject to random drug testing

• Like 1