Huw Edwards: Household Name Bbc Presenter 'Paid Teenager For Sexually Explicit Photos'

35 minutes ago, cressida said:

Hope you have both finished now😐

On topic,  when Huw Edwards 'gets better' will it be when he no longer has a penchant for young lads,  would mental health include sexual health?

Edwards wouldn't be alone in his penchant for younger lovers.

Both a great many straight and gay people find younger people attractive. As Edwards' 'friend' is over the age of consent, I can't see why his preferences would be included in any mental health treatment. 

The only thing we do know with regards to his mental health is that he's been treated for severe depression in the past, and because of that he's prone to further bouts. Given that he's in a very high profile job in an organisation hated by Murdoch, he probably should've been a bit more careful in how he indulged himself.

Is there is a whiff of homophobia about the whole thing? First Philip Schofield, now Huw Edwards. Neither did anything illegal - both partners were over the age of consent, yet their judgement has been condemnatory. I guess we'll have to wait until an equally high profile straight presenter flirts with younger person to see how they're treated.

Though from memory when a famous male is revealed to have a younger object of affection, that love interest is paraded in the press and admired for their beauty (almost always they are female), and the high profile person may be congratulated for their prowess.

I doubt whether Schofield or Edwards will be congratulated for their prowess - they'll just have shame heaped on them for falling for someone younger.

Edited by Mister M
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Edwards wouldn't be alone in his penchant for younger lovers.

Both a great many straight and gay people find younger people attractive. As Edwards' 'friend' is over the age of consent, I can't see why his preferences would be included in any mental health treatment. 

The only thing we do know with regards to his mental health is that he's been treated for severe depression in the past, and because of that he's prone to further bouts. Given that he's in a very high profile job in an organisation hated by Murdoch, he probably should've been a bit more careful in how he indulged himself.

Is there is a whiff of homophobia about the whole thing? First Philip Schofield, now Huw Edwards. Neither did anything illegal - both partners were over the age of consent, yet their judgement has been condemnatory. I guess we'll have to wait until an equally high profile straight presenter flirts with younger person to see how they're treated.

Though from memory when a famous male is revealed to have a younger object of affection, that love interest is paraded in the press and admired for their beauty (almost always they are female), and the high profile person may be congratulated for their prowess.

I doubt whether Schofield or Edwards will be congratulated for their prowess - they'll just have shame heaped on them for falling for someone younger.

The behaviour of both Huw Edwards and Philip Schofield make a good argument that the age of consent for homosexuals is too low.  I feel sorry for the wife of Huw Edwards. 

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

The behaviour of both Huw Edwards and Philip Schofield make a good argument that the age of consent for homosexuals is too low.  I feel sorry for the wife of Huw Edwards. 

You could equally say that about any number of straight people who've fallen for someone younger and things haven't worked out,  but you don't, so we know exactly where you're coming from.

There's certainly a whiff of homophobia about you!

Edited by Mister M

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

I feel sorry for the rest of the family as well.  Lets hope they do get privacy and get on with the rest of their lives.

Well I feel sorry for them too. Doubt whether they'll get any privacy though.

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Unfortunately not.

Only one person to blame though if Huw has been a silly billy.

Well I suppose he's to blame in the sense that he's the person at the centre of the story. But falling for someone younger is hardly a crime.

I think the censorious and prurient nature of the newspaper in question and how it's pushed Edwards into psych hospital won't escape people's attention. It's reporting of Hillsborough, the phone hacking of Milly Dowler and effect that had on her parents, as well as its long history of homophobia and the Aids crisis aren't forgotten either.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well I suppose he's to blame in the sense that he's the person at the centre of the story. But falling for someone younger is hardly a crime.

I think the censorious and prurient nature of the newspaper in question and how it's pushed Edwards into psych hospital won't escape people's attention. It's reporting of Hillsborough, the phone hacking of Milly Dowler and effect that had on her parents, as well as its long history of homophobia and the Aids crisis aren't forgotten either.

I don't dispute the Sun is at times utter trash.

Edited by Al Bundy

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Hope you have both finished now😐

On topic,  when Huw Edwards 'gets better' will it be when he no longer has a penchant for young lads,  would mental health include sexual health?

I didn't even get started

I donated £50 to a children's charity and I've managed to keep Mister M off my posts for a few hours

Worth every penny

However, Huw Edwards must've been threw a living hell being the most hated man in the UK without trial

Like I've said in previous posts that I'm not even sure if he has broken any laws with the flimsy evidence that has been presented so far

I'm not a fan of the BBC, I think it needs reform but they have handled this situation impeccably 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1