Huw Edwards: Household Name Bbc Presenter 'Paid Teenager For Sexually Explicit Photos'

2 hours ago, Axe said:

How is the behaviour of Gary Glitter a BBC scandal?

I've already gone through this, yes he wasn't technically an employee but certainly one of the biggest stars in the 70s, and appeared on TOTPs loads of times, TOTPs being on BBC. So by reckoning does reflect badly on the beeb

Not to mention what he may have got up to on BBC property, along with saville

Edited by melthebell

42 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm not so sure.

First of all, Murdoch wants to damage the BBC as much as possible, and have them as supplicant. Secondly, even if the young man concerned wasn't an addict, I just have a sense that the parents would've gone to the Sun anyway.

But once out it was bound to dominate the national news. 

And as an article I linked earlier made clear, the BBC don't want to be seen as covering up for Edwards, which is why, they above other broadcasters really have gone to town with this.

In some ways that's to their credit, because if a journalist from the Sun had done something to cause the so called 'moral majority' to start clutching their pearls, would the Sun be so candid? Not on your life it wouldn't.

In fact, they above any newspaper, made sure that the recommendations from the Leveson Inquiry weren't implemented.

I can't understand why anyone want's to give Murdoch the time of day,  but it seems all manner of dodgy dealings are acceptable if you have power & money

Just been on BBC News at ten, that the BBC were already running an investigation into his Edward's behaviour even before all this even came out.

Surprising then,  that nothing happened publicly until 7 weeks after the complaint was made,  and all the BBC did was one email and one phone call which didn't connect.

Everyone's still too slow to wake up whenever anything happens.

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What a twaaaat,The gutter press destroy lives  then moan like Littlejohn does  about freedom of speech . I know Edwards must be a bit of a pervo running around in his jockeys but if that is all he he gets up to then so what . The kid involved was 17 so the story goes and got £35000 for a photo in his jockeys???? if thats what happened , well when I was 17 and some dick head said let mi take a photo  in the speedos  and i'le gi thi £35000 I would have said  "get thi camera out sun shine "

Edited by cuttsie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

I've already gone through this, yes he wasn't technically an employee but certainly one of the biggest stars in the 70s, and appeared on TOTPs loads of times, TOTPs being on BBC. So by reckoning does reflect badly on the beeb

Not to mention what he may have got up to on BBC property, along with saville

I don't think there is any reflection on the BEEB for the times that Glitter appeared on various shows just the same as there is no reflection on people who bought his records.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

What a twaaaat,The gutter press destroy lives  then moan like Littlejohn does  about freedom of speech . I know Edwards must be a bit of a pervo running around in his jockeys but if that is all he he gets up to then so what . The kid involved was 17 so the story goes and got £35000 for a photo in his jockeys???? if thats what happened , well when I was 17 and some dick head said let mi take a photo  in the speedos  and i'le gi thi £35000 I would have said  "get thi camera out sun shine "

I would drop me kegs for 350 quid!!