Huw Edwards: Household Name Bbc Presenter 'Paid Teenager For Sexually Explicit Photos'

On 10/08/2024 at 13:21, peak4 said:

Sadly I have a suspicion that those arguably who to need to read, and more importantly fully understand, the implications of the content are those least likely to open those links.

Tired been out nearly all day,  bullet points would be good -  next time perhaps:thumbsup:

On 11/08/2024 at 19:12, ECCOnoob said:

The post I was specifically responding to was someone complaining adult soap stars being dressed up in school uniform.

The point I was making is that there was lots of other circumstances where grown adults are portraying school kids. Lots of other circumstances where fresh young girls are happily paraded around, photographed, sung about, letched over and chased around for titillation, comedic effect and marketing purposes which seems perfectly accepted by society. Hence why I brought up the subject of selective outrage. 

The word you are searching for is "consent".  Adults can give it, unlike children. 

Edited by Tony

6 hours ago, Tony said:

The word you are searching for is "consent".  Adults can give it, unlike children. 

That's not remotely the point I was making. 

I'm commenting about why someone was specifically criticising the BBC for producing a cover poster of soap stars dressed in school uniforms and thus outrageously sexualizing the image of school kids ...... when lots of other media, publications, magazines, films, music videos, newspapers quite happily engage in the same sort of conduct and it's somehow accepted.  

Like I keep saying, if people want to be outraged, fine.  But be outraged about the whole thing not just selected parts dependent on what suits their agenda and narrative.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know prison cells are at a premium at the moment but a 6 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years, several years on the Sex Offenders Register & being made to go on a rehabilitation course, I'd say Huw Edwards has got off lightly. 

Unless this is the normal sentence for those carrying out similar paedophile activities? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I know prison cells are at a premium at the moment but a 6 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years, several years on the Sex Offenders Register & being made to go on a rehabilitation course, I'd say Huw Edwards has got off lightly. 

Unless this is the normal sentence for those carrying out similar paedophile activities? 

It seems it is .

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Lightly? I'd go as far as saying this is a literally wrist slap. Meanwhile Kier Stalin is having people jailed for 12+ months for a few hurty words. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baz1 said:

He must have had one hell of a lawyer.

Apparently the judge took mitigating circumstances into consideration, including the fact he pleaded guilty at an early stage, Edwards long standing mental & physical health issues & incredibly the fact that Edwards failed to get into Oxford University decades ago. 

How the hell does anyone reconcile failing to get into Oxford with ending up sharing picture of abused children with another convicted paedophile?  Not getting into Oxford didn't seem to prevent Edwards from having a successful & lucrative career with the BBC. 

Starmer was asked about the sentencing & while he rightly said that sentencing is down to the courts, he said he was shocked at the sentence.  There's a growing backlash against Edwards' sentence, I reckon there will be a review of the sentence & the judge pretty soon? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently the judge took mitigating circumstances into consideration, including the fact he pleaded guilty at an early stage, Edwards long standing mental & physical health issues & incredibly the fact that Edwards failed to get into Oxford University decades ago. 

How the hell does anyone reconcile failing to get into Oxford with ending up sharing picture of abused children with another convicted paedophile?  Not getting into Oxford didn't seem to prevent Edwards from having a successful & lucrative career with the BBC. 

Starmer was asked about the sentencing & while he rightly said that sentencing is down to the courts, he said he was shocked at the sentence.  There's a growing backlash against Edwards' sentence, I reckon there will be a review of the sentence & the judge pretty soon? 

Definitely think there might be another look at this- he committed an offence and anyone else would have gone to jail.