Huw Edwards: Household Name Bbc Presenter 'Paid Teenager For Sexually Explicit Photos'

57 minutes ago, foxydebs said:

He doesn't do much on the BBC anymore does he, if you mean who played father Dougal and was in my hero, can't remember the last thing I saw him in on BBC.

Your other top name BBC stars are people like Graham Norton, paddy mcguinness or however you spell it, rylan who has denied it, Gary Lineker who has denied it, Lee mack, although he is on itv as well, freddy Flintoff.

Just googled and didn't realise Graham Norton was in father Ted, it's that long since I've watched them, Ted, Dougal and Mrs Doyle were funny.  Will have to watch them again.

Yes GRAHAM NORTON is very funny in Father Ted

GRAHAM NORTON was actually in 3 Espisides 

• Like 1

Can someone clarify this - we were informed they were the same age,  then I read it was a youth,  then a daughter.  Yet they are mentioning much older presenters!

the Daddy put likely in bold type,  Ilkley?

Edited by cressida

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Can someone clarify this - we were informed they were the same age,  then I read it was a youth,  then a daughter.  Yet they are mentioning much older presenters!

It is an older, male individual, whoever they are?  At the time they were allegedly requesting explicit imges of a 17 year old male.   They have allegedly paid tens of thousands to the 17 year old, who is now 20 years old. 

If the allegations are true, the career of the BBC bloke is well & truly over & it would appear that a criminal offence could be considered under the Protection of Children Act 1978, which makes it an offence to take, make & possess explicit photos of a child. 

The law covers people up to the age of 18, so the 17 year old would be covered by the law at the time.  Heard such a discussion on the radio this morning. 

It looks like the BBC are going to be dragged into another historical sex allegation & it doesn't look good for their top brass if the story is true that after the family made the accusations against the BBC 'star', said star was seen out being wined & dined with them, rather than being suspended immediately while the facts were determined. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

the Daddy put likely in bold type,  Ilkley?

In the original post it did say it was a young girl .

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

Dan Walker has tweeted that if anyone casually throws out a name publicly then it could cost them £1000s in defamation.

I suspect that some people might find themselves in the FO stage of FAFO:

21 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The broadcaster has reportedly launched an investigation after allegations about the well-known star were made in May. The man is said to have paid the youth more than £35,000 since 2020.

The BBC has said it takes "any allegations very seriously" following claims that one of its male presenters paid a teenager more than £35,000 for sexually explicit photos.

The unnamed "household name" allegedly first requested images from the youth when they were aged 17 back in 2020 and has made a series of payments over the years, according to The Sun.

https://news.sky.com/story/household-name-bbc-presenter-paid-teenager-for-sexually-explicit-photos-12917193

Your thoughts?

"They" were both 17 in 2020??  So they are both about 20 now?  

35K in 3 years seems a lot just for photos.