Huw Edwards: Household Name Bbc Presenter 'Paid Teenager For Sexually Explicit Photos'

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I don't know what you mean. 

If you are calling criminal damage to property, wilful obstruction of a public highways and trespass (including into control areas)  "peaceful protest"  you need your head examining.  

What I'm saying is that there are lots of laws that need reviewing and amending - as I'm sure you're aware, being a lawyer. So was legislating for being able lock people up for defacing a statue or preventing peaceful protests if someone didn't like the idea of some noise, the best use of parliamentary time, given that our legislation covering the making of indecent images of children pre-dates the internet? If you think that was the best use of parliamentary time, do go ahead and say so.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

What I'm saying is that there are lots of laws that need reviewing and amending - as I'm sure you're aware, being a lawyer. So was legislating for being able lock people up for defacing a statue or preventing peaceful protests if someone didn't like the idea of some noise, the best use of parliamentary time, given that our legislation covering the making of indecent images of children pre-dates the internet? If you think that was the best use of parliamentary time, do go ahead and say so.

Yes, it absolutely was because these criminals conducting these so-called 'protests' were causing major disruption to the public, causing increasing amounts of anger which were often resulting in violent retaliation and utilising massive amounts of already overstretched police resources. 

Plenty of legislation already exists regarding safeguarding of children, child sex offences and imagery so I don't know what you'd expect parliament to be doing. It is not that there isn't plenty of other legislation that post dates the internet and could have also or alternatively  been applied.  How the CPS determines which laws they want to bring a charge, based on the evidence they have collated is a entirely a matter for them.  

Not forgetting at this stage, Edwards hasn't actually been convicted guilty of anything yet. It has not even gone before the courts.  

Bit too early to be jumping around complaining that parliament was somehow too distracted by "trivial issues".

• Like 1

This is what the Guardian columnist Owen Jones said in July last year.....

I hope the Sun take him to the cleaners.

"The Sun is a disgusting rag and they have to pay for what they’ve done to Huw Edwards. 

They tried to destroy someone’s life with false claims of illegality involving a minor. 

We know now there was no criminality, and The Sun have driven a vulnerable man into medical care.

Knowing their original story was falling apart, The Sun scurried around trying to find some other **** they could throw at a wall, hoping it would stick. 

They tried to construe consensual adult interactions as something sinister and tawdry.

Scumbags.

They just scented an opportunity to destroy a public figure in an age of moral panic.

I repeat: The Sun must face severe consequences for what they’ve done.

They are lucky that they don’t have blood on their hands.

But for those who were duped into believing the **** spewed out by this glorified sewer, I implore you: never, ever make the same mistake ever again"

21 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This is what the Guardian columnist Owen Jones said in July last year.....

I hope the Sun take him to the cleaners.

"The Sun is a disgusting rag and they have to pay for what they’ve done to Huw Edwards. 

They tried to destroy someone’s life with false claims of illegality involving a minor. 

We know now there was no criminality, and The Sun have driven a vulnerable man into medical care.

Knowing their original story was falling apart, The Sun scurried around trying to find some other **** they could throw at a wall, hoping it would stick. 

They tried to construe consensual adult interactions as something sinister and tawdry.

Scumbags.

They just scented an opportunity to destroy a public figure in an age of moral panic.

I repeat: The Sun must face severe consequences for what they’ve done.

They are lucky that they don’t have blood on their hands.

But for those who were duped into believing the **** spewed out by this glorified sewer, I implore you: never, ever make the same mistake ever again"

That aged like milk in the sun.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I think we’re on the same side about that 😁

Huw Edwards isn’t any better.

Huw ruddy Edwards.

The BBC wait for years and plan the announcement of the queen's death.....and they choose a nonce to address the nation.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Huw ruddy Edwards.

The BBC wait for years and plan the announcement of the queen's death.....and they choose a nonce to address the nation.

They didn't know he was that way inclined at the time. What the BBC should do is try to get back the wages paid to him since he was forced to stop reading the News.  He has been paid a huge amount of money since the scandal became public knowledge.