22 Kids And Counting

I don't watch it very much, I assume some are grown up and have left home.

The program never mention money and how they finance their family,

Looks like a happy family, do they get a shed load of benefits because of the numerous kids? I did see one program where they had a pie shop.

Do all benefits now stop after the second child, or is that just certain benefits?

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

is it the family from morcombe who live in a ex bed/breakfast and run a bakery and claim nowt off the social except what they are entitaled after tax

Could be, isnt that what we most of us do, claim what we are entitled to after tax?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

is it the family from morcombe who live in a ex bed/breakfast and run a bakery and claim nowt off the social except what they are entitaled after tax

They may not take any benefits which I doubt they don't because even working families are entitled to child tax credits

But do you know how much it costs that state to educate 22 children and to keep them healthy?

Unless this family have won the euromillions then they take out far more than they put in

Then there's the moral question about having 22 kids.....what would happen if the parents were to die

It's irresponsible to have that many kids 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

They may not take any benefits which I doubt they don't because even working families are entitled to child tax credits

But do you know how much it costs that state to educate 22 children and to keep them healthy?

Unless this family have won the euromillions then they take out far more than they put in

Then there's the moral question about having 22 kids.....what would happen if the parents were to die

How many children as Boris Johnson got and what are your thoughts?

5 hours ago, El Cid said:

I don't watch it very much, I assume some are grown up and have left home.

The program never mention money and how they finance their family,

Looks like a happy family, do they get a shed load of benefits because of the numerous kids? I did see one program where they had a pie shop.

Do all benefits now stop after the second child, or is that just certain benefits?

You obviously don't watch it very much, if at all, as how they fund their lives is in almost every episode. 

The Dad gets up every morning at ridiculous o'clock to bake pies that they sell. These days a couple of their kids also work at the company. It's a much bigger company now than before, so it's probably helped doing the programme. 

They said (though I can't remember now) how much the house cost, and how much it's worth. 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Just out of interest, what is the responsibile morally correct number of kids?

As far as I can see, they pay their own way (but obviously get what everyone else is entitled to)...

Plenty of people have 1 2, 3 kids in my old area, and don't work, no Dad around. 

Which is more morally correct? Providing for lots of children, or letting the state provide for 22 individual children with parents with no job, or income?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

I have just looked on Wikipedia, not much about them. The show started as fifteen kids and counting, they live in a former care home in Morecambe.

6 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Plenty of people have 1 2, 3 kids in my old area, and don't work, no Dad around. 

Which is more morally correct? Providing for lots of children, or letting the state provide for 22 individual children with parents with no job, or income?

I'm not really sure what your getting at

The thread is about a family with 22 kids so I commented on it

I can't comment on every other family in the world

Edited by Jack Grey

12 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

How many children as Boris Johnson got and what are your thoughts?

I have no idea of his personal finances, but presumably if they're his kids he will have to pay maintenance; perhaps that's why he's always skint.