I've Got An Axe To Grind.

This one is 300,000 + years old.

Archaeologists have uncovered the longest prehistoric stone tool ever found in Britain.

Experts say the flint axe is so big it's hard to imagine how it could have been physically used.

The tool has a long and finely worked pointed tip, they believe it was used for butchering animals.

I thought it was April the first when I read this.

Chuffin ek, they find a bit of flint and then come up with some crazy fact.

The person who discovered it was a "Letty Ingrey" that figures for an archaeologist, she probably appeared in the Movie "The Flintstones"

In 300,000 years I doubt if they'll be owt left of the Titanic, and that's a tad bigger than a piece of flint.

Remember Tony Robinson and his "Time Team" a bunch of lunatics with facial fungus, floppy hair, and brightly coloured tank tops.

They would find a grain of sand, send it of to be examined, and then reconstruct an ancient Roman semi-detached temple, complete with shower room and all the Roman Mod-Cons of that era.

What a bunch of deluded weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Pity.

I thought this was going to be about Sheffield Forum's Axe.

I think it's his parrot coming online and posting for him.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I think it's his parrot coming online and posting for him.

Can you imagine in a few hundred years time, the archaeologists doing a dig in the long gone Hamlet of Burncross.

They will probably find a small piece of yellow plastic.

After examination and going through historical records of the time, they'll tell us that it once was the lost yellow grit bin, belonging to the Lord of the Manor Cuttsie.

Either that or one of Slinny's tiddily winks.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

In 300,000 years I doubt if they'll be owt left of the Titanic, and that's a tad bigger than a piece of flint.

Flint, occasionally flintstone, is a sedimentary cryptocrystalline form of the mineral quartz, categorized as the variety of chert that occurs in chalk or marly limestone. Flint was widely used historically to make stone tools and start fires.

It does not rust.

https://www.businessinsider.com/300000-year-giant-hand-axes-ice-age-sediments-england-mystery-2023-7?r=US&IR=T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I thought Axe and Organgrinder had 'merged' at first.

I never ground axes but my friend did in another grinding shop in the same yard. and achieved some fame as a result.

That wasn't our Tory lover "axe" on this forum though.

Edited by Organgrinder