What's Not To Like About The Banker's Draft?

mart

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't personally think it's that cheap. I am not being a cheapskate, my initial post about this bar never mentioned the prices. The Peacock in Stannington has a 2 meals for £6 deal (when purchased with a drink) and I think that is more value than £5.79 for chips and cheese. 

I have paid £16 plus for a pie in a nice pub. My lip balm cost £8 from L'Occitane En Provence. I am happy to pay high prices but I am bemuzed when people defend J D Wetherspoon bars with "it's cheap" when actually it's a tiny ready meal and they charge over £5 for chips and cheese/chips and curry sauce. 

I£32 will not enter any bar that has a man wearing a yellow arm band outside, videoing me. I go to a bar to enjoy myself, not to feel as though I  am passing through customs at Heathrow.

If you had read the menu you would know that 'Cheesy chips' (1269 kcal) @ £5.16 is in their 'Small  Plates' section and not even in their 'Small Meal' section. Nobody in their right minds would consider their 'Cheesy chips' as a meal and would probably have it as is meant ie as one of the three 'sharing dishes' for £14.95 (from a choice  of twenty odd) shared amongst friends.

Having recently spent £25 on three fish and chip meals and beer at Wetherspoon instead of the £150 we would have spent  at an overbooked place, I am grateful of its existence. Yes I would have preferred the more expensive meal but it was a satisfactory alternative- nothing more,nothing less.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

I do have the Bronze Medallion for lifesaving, if you want a lifeguard.

Only of you're trained in mouth to mouth resuscitation 

Uniform supplied though 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4MqPUjcBIkFvRhHe9I_T

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

If you cast aside the prices, what is actually good about The Banker's Draft? 

You know what you get with Spoons.  It's cheap and the foods fine.  I've never found staff in Weatherspoons to be rude. You don't spend much time talking to them.  People go there for a cheap drink/meal with friends. I don't think they're that bothered by the decor as long as it's clean.