What's Not To Like About The Banker's Draft?

mart

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I really dont understand this outrage about a pie meal in a decent restaurant costing £16, even in places like the Beefeater in Chesterfield you are paying £13.50 for one, is an extra £2.50 really a stretch?

https://www.beefeater.co.uk/en-gb/main-menu/beefeater_main_menu_band3.pdf

Its £14 down the Broadfield

https://www.thebroadfield.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/BF-Food-Menu-June-2023-Calories-PRINT-5.pdf

Place I am going to in a few weeks whilst away charges £16.99 for their "Famous Homemade Traditional Steak Pie".

None of the above are extortion to my mind.

It was £26 HHR.

Outrageous.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

It was £26 HHR.

Outrageous.

Why is it outrageous? Quality ingredients, time spent in the making, tastes fantastic, served in a really nice place, someone needs to be paid for all that.

Anyhow, I imagine you will never try and therefore never be in a position to judge its value rather than its price.

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why is it outrageous? Quality ingredients, time spent in the making, tastes fantastic, served in a really nice place, someone needs to be paid for all that.

Anyhow, I imagine you will never try and therefore never be in a position to judge its value rather than its price.

£26 for a pie is extortionate, nobody will convince me otherwise.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 16:51, bassett one said:

i have a pint now and then in the bankers draft,good value,grub fine and its a typical big pub ,i have been in 3 in blackpool ,beer good and food fine and i have just come back from skeggy and had a nice mixed grill in there pub,so general they are fine and they have a good un at whitby overlooking the docks ,yes in general good,PADDERS BAR well what can i say its different,good beer great crisps and they sell crystal balls  re-furbished he says by gypsy rose lee ,i bought one bit iffy sometimes ,but sometimes tells me great footie scores.

The Lumley opposite side of the road  in Skeggy is cheaper, cleaner and better food than the Wetherspoons, it's just had a refit and the new owners are OK.

PLUS THERE'S ENTERTAINMENT ON.