What's Not To Like About The Banker's Draft?

mart

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't personally think it's that cheap. I am not being a cheapskate, my initial post about this bar never mentioned the prices. The Peacock in Stannington has a 2 meals for £6 deal (when purchased with a drink) and I think that is more value than £5.79 for chips and cheese. 

I have paid £16 plus for a pie in a nice pub. My lip balm cost £8 from L'Occitane En Provence. I am happy to pay high prices but I am bemuzed when people defend J D Wetherspoon bars with "it's cheap" when actually it's a tiny ready meal and they charge over £5 for chips and cheese/chips and curry sauce. 

I will not enter any bar that has a man wearing a yellow arm band outside, videoing me. I go to a bar to enjoy myself, not to feel as though I  am passing through customs at Heathrow.

They have cameras because some people can't seem to behave themselves after a few drinks.  I believe they don't have them on all the time but will switch them on if trouble arises. A lot of pubs/bars will have CCTV inside/outside,  so if they don't use body cams you might still be being filmed anyway

I have eaten at Spoons many times and never felt the portions were to small.  According to the Peacock menu they have a 2 for £12 deal.

25 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

They have cameras because some people can't seem to behave themselves after a few drinks.  I believe they don't have them on all the time but will switch them on if trouble arises. A lot of pubs/bars will have CCTV inside/outside,  so if they don't use body cams you might still be being filmed anyway

I have eaten at Spoons many times and never felt the portions were to small.  According to the Peacock menu they have a 2 for £12 deal.

I don't mind CCTV, that is different to a hospitality representetive directly filming you. That's something a Parking Enforcement Officer or a Litter Patrol Officer would use. I am their guest and their customer. The pub I worked in never had any cause to video customers, the worst that happened was a customer drunkenly knocked his whiskey over, allbeit not in the grim parimiter of Sheffield City Centre. I do laugh at the way some bars act prudish about customerd being drunk, it's akin to an IVF clinic complaining about clients being pregnant.

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't mind CCTV, that is different to a hospitality representetive directly filming you. That's something a Parking Enforcement Officer or a Litter Patrol Officer would use. I am their guest and their customer. The pub I worked in never had any cause to video customers, the worst that happened was a customer drunkenly knocked his whiskey over, allbeit not in the grim parimiter of Sheffield City Centre. I do laugh at the way some bars act prudish about customerd being drunk, it's akin to an IVF clinic complaining about clients being pregnant.

Cheap date

Good to know

Unfortunately @cressidais the only girl for me ❤️

Edited by Jack Grey

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Unfortunately @cressidais the only girl for me ❤️

Not sure about that Jack,  you can post what you like but you've made two posts which have slightly shocked me,  carry on I don't want to cramp anyone's style,  😉

• Haha 1