Is Fitness 'Far Right'?

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I look in better shape than that in my eighties,  and 20 years ago,  I could have done 2 like him at the same time,   despite my age disadvantage.

I could , and did, run better than him in my 70's,  as do many others.

😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I look in better shape than that in my eighties,  and 20 years ago,  I could have done 2 like him at the same time,   despite my age disadvantage.

I could , and did, run better than him in my 70's,  as do many others.

😂😂😂

I guess the silly lefties who say that fitness is far right are the same silly people who think that this model is beautiful and healthy

Now I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but she is not healthy.

She is obese and a walking time bomb of health issues....her heart could explode at any minute

However if this was man they'd be ripping him to pieces saying that he's lazy and a drain on NHS resources

The left are a mess of hypocrisy and contradictions 

091019-Feature-Plus-Size-Lead-2000-7b577

Edited by Jack Grey

35 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I guess the silly lefties who say that fitness is far right are the same silly people who think that this model is beautiful and healthy...

I'm sure that both you and Elon know that 'lefties' aren't saying that 'fitness is far right'.  If they were saying that there would be  pilates clinics going out of business all over the country and they'd stop boring on about yoga and wellness.   Fitness, and associated concepts usually associated with 'peak masculinity', are being appropriated as recruitment tools for certain groups, that much is undeniable.

As for the plus-sized model: obesity isn't healthy, also undeniably, especially in the long term.  Fat acceptance isn't about, or shouldn't be about, claiming it as a healthy lifestyle; it should be about not being a dick to fat people.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I'm sure that both you and Elon know that 'lefties' aren't saying that 'fitness is far right'.  If they were saying that there would be  pilates clinics going out of business all over the country and they'd stop boring on about yoga and wellness.   Fitness, and associated concepts usually associated with 'peak masculinity', are being appropriated as recruitment tools for certain groups, that much is undeniable.

As for the plus-sized model: obesity isn't healthy, also undeniably, especially in the long term.  Fat acceptance isn't about, or shouldn't be about, claiming it as a healthy lifestyle; it should be about not being a dick to fat people.

Actually that's not quite true

MSNBC which is the American version of The Guardian tweeted and I quote

"The far rights obsession with fitness is going digital"

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

But that's not the same as saying 'fitness is far right', is it?  It's like saying 'avocados are far left' when The Guardian used to post thirty articles a day about progressives' obsession with eating them on toast.

3 minutes ago, Hecate said:

But that's not the same as saying 'fitness is far right', is it?  It's like saying 'avocados are far left' when The Guardian used to post thirty articles a day about progressives' obsession with eating them on toast.

But to MSNBC everyone is far right

It's a generalisation of a huge group of people saying that the only reason they like fitness is because....

For a media outlet who constantly rattles on about the marginalisation of groups they seem a bit hypocritical

It's like some people on here who seem to hate Elon Musk

Purely because of his political beliefs and they totally ignore any of his achievements

The left are just a circus 

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

But to MSNBC everyone is far right

It's a generalisation of a huge group of people saying that the only reason they like fitness is because....

For a media outlet who constantly rattles on about the marginalisation of groups they seem a bit hypocritical  ...

That isn't true either, obviously, and the article isn't about why people like fitness; it's about research that discusses how fitness and associated ideas are being used by some far right groups.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

That isn't true either, obviously, and the article isn't about why people like fitness; it's about research that discusses how fitness and associated ideas are being used by some far right groups.

Hecate dont feed the knob, hes already been shown up for knowing nothing on the subject and just throwing his personal prejudices out there, now hes doubled down on the stupidity level, i aint even indulging him anymore its just not worth my time and energy

Edited by melthebell

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Wonder why all the far right unthinkers are so obsessed with reading left wing newspapers ?

And why American papers who will just carry twice as many lies as the British version.

What sane person would think anyway,  that everyone with far right views,  think and behave exactly the same.

As a former fitness fanatic,  I know that some people like being active,  some are bone idle and wouldn't exercise to save their lives,  nothing at all to do with politics.