Fargate Redevelopment

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

There are at least 8 different toilet facilities currently within Orchard Square. Those on legitimate reasons attending the businesses will have ample opportunities to go. There is even a disabled toilet at the back of the precinct for those with relevant medical needs.  The closure of the general public toilets was due to reasons of constant vandalism. The precinct has no obligation and given that it is turning more and more to food and drinking establishments, with  their own provision, it makes perfect commercial sense to get rid of the increasingly unnecessary and constantly abused facilities.  I doubt its any major impact on its footfall. You're not telling me that people were choosing to shop in Orchard Square, simply because it had a completely open public

I chose on many occasions to shop at Orchard Square because I knew there would be toilet facilities. I visit it far less these days as a result of it. If a customer goes to Body Shop and TK Maxx, they have no right to use Subway's toilet and Subway are under no obligation to provide said toilet for them. Businesses choose to locate in shopping centres because it offers their customers a premium and preferable experience to the High Street. Businesses are in turn charged premium rates in comparison to leasing other premises. Toilets, ATMs, benches and customer service personnel are the hallmark of a great shopping centre and guess what, Crystal Peaks and Meadowhall provide these. I know which makes more money and it's not Orchard Square. If you take away facilities, it discourages the customer from spending time and money in a place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I chose on many occasions to shop at Orchard Square because I knew there would be toilet facilities. I visit it far less these days as a result of it. If a customer goes to Body Shop and TK Maxx, they have no right to use Subway's toilet and Subway are under no obligation to provide said toilet for them. Businesses choose to locate in shopping centres because it offers their customers a premium and preferable experience to the High Street. Businesses are in turn charged premium rates in comparison to leasing other premises. Toilets, ATMs, benches and customer service personnel are the hallmark of a great shopping centre and guess what, Crystal Peaks and Meadowhall provide these. I know which makes more money and it's not Orchard Square. If you take away facilities, it discourages the customer from spending time and money in a place. 

Cash making a comeback Irene..

More cash sales now since the 90s.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

Cash making a comeback Irene..

More cash sales now since the 90s.

Maybe so.

But whilst stats from 2022 UK Finance Data did show an increasing cash use it was still pitiful at 14% of all transactions and remained dwarfed by card use. 

Nearly 27 billion payments were made by cards as against 6 billion cash i.e. 4.5 x more people paying with plastic. 

I think your campaign has a long way to go yet.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe so.

But whilst stats from 2022 UK Finance Data did show an increasing cash use it was still pitiful at 14% of all transactions and remained dwarfed by card use. 

Nearly 27 billion payments were made by cards as against 6 billion cash i.e. 4.5 x more people paying with plastic. 

I think your campaign has a long way to go yet.

Sadly your right ECCO,

I've always used cash, and whenever possible still do..

The future remains cashless I'm afraid.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Not whilst I still have air in my lungs. 

Remind us all again how you pay your suppliers, taxes, utilities, plant and staffing for your "business"? 

Just how did you receive your salary when you were executive trolley pusher on the railways?

• Like 3