Fargate Redevelopment

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

How long have they had the funding for Fargate ? How long have they had the funding for Event Central ? I know they have had to extend the timescale for Event Central since they got the funding , why ? 

You keep asking these same questions repetitively to all the people on this thread none of whom - as far as I'm aware - work for the Council, so although you get our best explanations, they aren't gospel, and they aren't official answers.

So, long story short, please ask these questions of your local representatives or make a FOI to the Council. Otherwise, you're just whingeing on an internet forum.

7 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

You keep asking these same questions repetitively to all the people on this thread none of whom - as far as I'm aware - work for the Council, so although you get our best explanations, they aren't gospel, and they aren't official answers.

So, long story short, please ask these questions of your local representatives or make a FOI to the Council. Otherwise, you're just whingeing on an internet forum.

I've never asked those questions before .  You are just making excuses for the council . 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I've never asked those questions before .  You are just making excuses for the council . 

Cynical repetitive questions asked purely as an excuse to whinge about the Council and the city centre in general. You've been doing it since literally the very first post in this thread.

I have no connection to the council, I have no obligation or desire to excuse anything they do. I give up - I'll go back to just ignoring you.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

How long have they had the funding for Fargate ? How long have they had the funding for Event Central ? I know they have had to extend the timescale for Event Central since they got the funding , why ? 

Does it really matter.

Even if, and it's a massive if,  everything related to Event Central and the resurfacing works Fargate were beautifully synchronised, how long would it be before some some other 'stuff' happens right outside or next door or just up the road.

Cities are always evolving, circumstances change all the time.... so there will always be a time when something is being dug up or some scaffolding is being put up or there's some repair works being done or some new business opening creating temporary hoardings around them or new street furnishings being installed or old ones being taken out....  

What are these organisations supposed to do? Just not do anything because it's too much hassle. Or do they put projects and investors on hold for eternity whilst they despeately hope that the stars and moon will align and the feng shui is all in place.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It isn’t Sheffield’s premium shopping street and hasn’t been for a good long while — which is the point of the works in the first place!

I know that hence the 😂  but seen it pronounced that by the council . I think in a post on here . 

14 hours ago, hackey lad said:

All that information is available online. Do a few searches instead of expecting others to do it for you.

18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

i think i know this one!

(i have friends who work in the construction industry, and they communicate, inter-company, via some kind of hive-mind)

the initial estimate/tender said £Xmillion (?)

when it came time to start signing contracts, the construction company said 'did we say £Xmillion? - we've had another look at it, and now it's X+50% - we assume that won't be a problem?'

so SCC told them that yes, it was going to be a problem, so it had to be re-scoped, and put back out to tender...

it seems to me that's exactly how we want SCC to behave when a contractor plays that kind of game....

(low-ball the tender, then ramp it up just before closing the contract, in the hope that the impending deadlines help force the issue)