Fargate Redevelopment

40 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

This does not change the fact that in Australia there are 48 million kangaroos and in Uruguay there are 3,457,380 inhabitants. So if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos.

Did you post this in the right place?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The old Wilkos is far to big for a MacDonalds and it won't make things any better if they took over . Constant trouble  outside the one on High St .

Maybe so.  I’ve noticed there’s a new pound shop near B&M so that might bring more shoppers into the area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2024 at 12:37, hackey lad said:

Owt happening yet ?

Not that much so far as I could tell but maybe someone will enlighten us about exciting developments with underground bin stores.

There are plenty of persons of a certain background shall we say hanging around there though. Lots of plastic barriers, lots of litter, lots of empty shop units and lots of shabby discount type shops selling tat.

16 hours ago, redruby said:

Not that much so far as I could tell but maybe someone will enlighten us about exciting developments with underground bin stores.

that's me!

i walked up Fargate, on ... Monday? - and one of the bins has gone in - and i *am* quite excited about it!

(took a photo - my wife wasn't as excited as i thought she'd be when i got home to show her)

30 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

On Tuesday it was a hive of activity all up Fargate. Noisy machinery, diggers digging, paving being laid, surveyors surveying.

Must have been some dignitaries visiting the site . 

3 hours ago, ads36 said:

that's me!

i walked up Fargate, on ... Monday? - and one of the bins has gone in - and i *am* quite excited about it!

(took a photo - my wife wasn't as excited as i thought she'd be when i got home to show her)

Ads - with all due respect, please do follow my advice. Stop wasting your own time posting on this thread trying to offer any sense of moderation, understanding, positivity. You know full well that all the usual naysayers here will never be happy, and even once these works are finished, there is no end product - or subsequent developments, retailers, restaurants, cafes, events etc. that become resident - that they will be happy seeing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ads36 said:

that's me!

Well there we are, an exciting underground bin store development!  Maybe be council could start charging people to watch and post a video on social media?

I really do hope it all looks nice in the end but there reasons that people are sceptical apart from just being miserable old grumblers. The council doesn’t have the best track record. The container fiasco for example.  The yellow bikes.  Chopping down healthy street trees and arresting protesting pensioners.