Fargate Redevelopment

34 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

I feel so sorry for you Irene if all you have on your mind is the opening of another junk food provider 

I hope for your sake it will be open by Christmas and you can enjoy Christmas dinner there

It is not all I have on my mind. It is all that is going on with Fargate and I said on this forum, before Burger King even bought it that something needs to be done with the building on that corner, as the location will attract a lot of footfall. I am cooking my own Christmas dinner, thank you very much. The whoppers will come in the evening, if Santa has some in his sack for me.

33 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And she's the owner(?) of a fantastically successful catering business?🤣

Correct.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is not all I have on my mind. It is all that is going on with Fargate and I said on this forum, before Burger King even bought it that something needs to be done with the building on that corner, as the location will attract a lot of footfall. I am cooking my own Christmas dinner, thank you very much. The whoppers will come in the evening, if Santa has some in his sack for me.

You think a fast-food joint right at the bottom of Fargate is all that is going on there? 😂

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

The signs have been up for over a month. If you stand by the entrance door, there is a crack where you can peer between the glass and see inside. It looks as though they have excavated to the basement. Burger King branded vinyls have been on the interior walls for a while. Big chains like Burger King are usually quick at opening stores pronto. I am not sure what the hold up is.

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure; Thursday is about the only time in the last month or so I've cared to look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You think a fast-food joint right at the bottom of Fargate is all that is going on there? 😂

On the surface, yes. I know that fundamental work is going on under ground with the digging, part of a wider plan. But at the moment, the only development people can experience is that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

The signs have been up for over a month. If you stand by the entrance door, there is a crack where you can peer between the glass and see inside. It looks as though they have excavated to the basement. Burger King branded vinyls have been on the interior walls for a while. Big chains like Burger King are usually quick at opening stores pronto. I am not sure what the hold up is.

At the moment, no.

You must then , have a very vacant life Irene.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Still no sign of Burger King Opening. 

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Still no sign of Burger King Opening. 

I don't think many Sheffield High Street/Fargate shoppers will be holding their breath until the 'perhaps' event,

Edited by St Petre
add
  • Like 1