Fargate Redevelopment

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was told by Mr Dreadful on his ghostwalk that when they pedestrianised it in 1997 and were digging, they discovered graves underneath..surely Mr Dreadful can't be wrong?

Then you should choose your ghost walk guides more carefully in future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of redevelopment, and so I don't have to bother with a new thread for a quick couple of questions... I saw this thread on Twitter.  I left Sheffield years and years ago.  So, where's this in town?:

F0bdvEpWcAAULNV?format=jpg&name=small

And this?  Looks a bit like the back of Debenhams on the left:

F0beDKnXwAE26m5?format=jpg&name=small

23 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@Hecate I don't know about the first image - maybe Twitter users need to add a bit of info to pictures?

The second one is taken at the bottom of Pinstone Street, going up the side of (what was) Debenhams towards Charter Row.

Aha!  Yes, it's clear now.  Thanks! I've just had a look on Google Maps and compared it to images on Picture Sheffield.

8 minutes ago, Martin C said:

Think the first image is looking up Trafalgar Street (from Wellington St?)

Thanks!  Going to have a look at that on Google Maps now too.

30 minutes ago, Martin C said:

Think the first image is looking up Trafalgar Street (from Wellington St?)

Do you know what that building is?  Looks like flats but not clear.

50 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Do you know what that building is?  Looks like flats but not clear.

It is flats, and goes by the name of Kangaroo Works. Tesco are opening in one of the retail spaces on the ground floor.

In other Fargate related news...

https://www.sheffieldbid.com/latest-news/chapel-walk-transformation-continues-with-124-million-investment?fbclid=IwAR15q3c89qElo1rtrmTUyR3b24qDA3JAfM9LaX5SFxkoolxyPvwISga3IUs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

It is flats, and goes by the name of Kangaroo Works. Tesco are opening in one of the retail spaces on the ground floor.

In other Fargate related news...

https://www.sheffieldbid.com/latest-news/chapel-walk-transformation-continues-with-124-million-investment?fbclid=IwAR15q3c89qElo1rtrmTUyR3b24qDA3JAfM9LaX5SFxkoolxyPvwISga3IUs

Thanks!  Just been having a look.  Reminds me a bit of the new Birmingham Uni library, but less garish and more gulag.