Fargate Redevelopment

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

It doesn't mean I was chomping at the bit to use it. Big name chains such as Burger King bring vibrancy to an area. 

You certainly gave the impression of someone salivating at the thought of eating a whopper. 

I thought someone who could afford luxury skin care products would want to eat something much healthier....Why spend £50 on a pot of skin cream, when you've got grease all over your chops from a dirty burger?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You certainly gave the impression of someone salivating at the thought of eating a whopper. 

I thought someone who could afford luxury skin care products would want to eat something much healthier....Why spend £50 on a pot of skin cream, when you've got grease all over your chops from a dirty burger?

I don't care about eating healthily. I eat foods I want to eat. I'd rather have a cottage pie over a salad any day. If I fancy a whopper, I will have a whopper. I have been known to swallow a whopper in my time. Burger King is a High Street staple. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't care about eating healthily. I eat foods I want to eat. I'd rather have a cottage pie over a salad any day. If I fancy a whopper, I will have a whopper. I have been known to swallow a whopper in my time. Burger King is a High Street staple. 

You can have what you want, but I very much doubt that the hordes sat in a Burger King will be thinking about going to a poncy apothecary for a skin care regimen.

There's definitely something lacking credibility here.... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You can have what you want, but I very much doubt that the hordes sat in a Burger King will be thinking about going to a poncy apothecary for a skin care regimen.

There's definitely something lacking credibility here.... 

Meadowhall has a McDonald's, Primark and Poundland but also has a L'Occitane En Provence, Breightling, Kurt Geiger etc.

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Meadowhall has a McDonald's, Primark and Poundland but also has a L'Occitane En Provence, Breightling, Kurt Geiger etc.

But not across the mall from each other. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

Aren't the days of the large fast food chains numbered with people now being able to order from them online from the likes of Deliveroo & Just Eat, as suggested night after night in the tv ads?

The fast food chains with their expensive city centre sites will soon go the way of the major pub chains & start closing sites when the Gen Z's get a few more years on their backs & the next generation prefer to eat their Macca D's in the comfort of their homes, just as the big brewers prefer you to drink at home so they don't have the expense & hastle of expensive overheads. 

Why pay for rent & exorbitant taxes for a city centre site & hope customers drop in, when you can supply the public via Internet orders from a warehouse hub with cooking facilities on the outskirts of a town & also be in close proximity to other conurbations? 

Edited by Baron99

On 15/01/2024 at 23:34, Lizzie b said:

Sorry Irene I don’t remember a market permanently on fargate and I’m 58, came to Sheffield in 1967,and I don’t ever remember a market on fargate permanently, not just at Christmas 

Irene if you were born in 1994, there have never been any markets on Fargate except at Christmas, there have never been any permanent market stalls on Fargate and I’ve lived  in Sheffield since 1967 xxx

There was no permanent market on Fargate.

Certainly not in the last 50 years.

Edited by PapaLazarou

4 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

There was no permanent market on Fargate.

Certainly not in the last 50 years.

Weren't there a few stall up in the late 90's (but hardly a market), before all the cobbles went down that the likes of M&S, Clinton's, WH Smith complained about, stating the stalls were dragging the image of Fargate down?

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Weren't there a few stall up in the late 90's (but hardly a market), before all the cobbles went down that the likes of M&S, Clinton's, WH Smith complained about, stating the stalls were dragging the image of Fargate down?

Permanent stalls?

It certainly wasn't a "market"