Fargate Redevelopment

34 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Hello Bilge. I've never seen you post before, you must be new here. I hope you're keeping dry in this inclement weather. 

Unfortunately for you, this is a forum for people to express their opinions. You absolutely do not get to say what other people post. If you don't like how things are done on this forum, off you pop. You definitely talk after your namesake!

Cheers Irene, I’m honoured you spared some of your valuable time to respond so swiftly. Where do I  collect my badge?

• Haha 1

The deadline for ALL work to be completed (including the residential spaces, Event Central, etc) is 31st March 2026 (extended from the original scope of completion by April 2024 when the Future High Streets Fund money was awarded in 2020), but it is likely to be completed well before then.

Edited by deejayone
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2024 at 09:47, John Street said:

When is Fargate ever going to be completed ?

It never looks any different .

To the trained/attentive eye, they are definitely working on different bits each time I walk down there, but I can appreciate how to most people it probably just looks like the same mess each time they see it. The pavement outside Boots for example was inaccessible when I was down on Saturday, whereas that hadn't been touched when I was last down.

• Like 2

On 20/01/2024 at 06:36, Hecate said:

How's the old Gaumont/Odeon building looking now? Most recent images on Google Maps are from May last year.

To answer my own question, I spotted this on Twitter:

GFHP78AXYAAi10f?format=jpg&name=small

From The Steel City Snapper.