Fargate Redevelopment

11 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I think more people go to Meadowhall , more choice of shops & free parking , because we all know Sheffield City Council don't like cars , apart from their own that is 🤣

Major city centre in having no free parking and traffic measures shocker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MickeyDuff said:

I go for a Coffee at the Kommune and Hygge quite often, why would I want to play kids arcade games, I did that on holidays years ago when I was a kid??

I take it the places you mentioned is as far as you go. Go and have a walk around the whole area through the day and at night, you may see it differently away from the hipster trendy small part you go to. I take you also go to the Pollen Market once a month for a day out?

Yes people are buying property mainly as investment not to live in, lots of people from the South and Manchester buying up the property, not many born in Sheffield from what I see👍

Once again with derogatory tone in your post.  Your wild assumptions about people.

Firstly, I know the area very well as I worked in it for over 20 years, still visit multiple  times a month and still have both business and friends residing down there so don't tell me what you think I know.  

Secondly, what the hell has it got to do with you whether residents are born in Sheffield or not. Have you asked them all? Even if they haven't been born here that has sod all to do with the topic under discussion about whether the facilities are well patronised and whether those residents have the same concerns, worries, and quite frankly, overreaction as you are having.  

You are really starting to paint a picture of your general attitude with comments like that. I think I have seen enough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I think more people go to Meadowhall , more choice of shops & free parking , because we all know Sheffield City Council don't like cars , apart from their own that is 🤣

It's almost as if city centres have many other  purposes beyond just shopping 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redruby said:

I think this is it.  Some people visit select areas at select times and think they know the area well.  Now that’s nice if they can avoid the less positive aspects of the city centre but doesn’t mean they don’t exist.  I don’t think most people with concerns about the city centre are raising them to be negative or because they are a miserable old fart who likes moaning and resents developments for young people. It is actually just quite depressing to see parts of town so run down and problems with ant social behaviour being allowed to get worse.  Parts of town have indeed improved but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still very much to do!

I agree that there is more to do but seemingly as soon as this council try and start work everyone still moans about it. They don't like the disruption. They don't like the mess. They pre-emptively dismiss it as a waste of time or white elephant or just for the students or just for the rich or a  complete waste of money....  This forum is a prime example of that sort of behaviour.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that beggars/delinquent problems "don't exist". They are just not buying into the deluded over exaggerated nonsense suggested by certain posters when they bring up crap like "no go areas" or "nobody feels safe" or "X city never have any such problems" which is clearly inaccurate.

Despite all the whining there's not been a single suggestion of exactly what people magically expect the police and council to do about it. It's all well and good complaining but as I've said multiple times you can't just remove public from public streets just because they're "undesirable". Being undesirable is not an offence which results in a jail sentence. So......? 

• Like 2

Daughter and  her Mam went into Town today to register her new baby . Her own words were something like " Its a tip down there and there's beggars and smackheads everywhere . I'm glad I don't have to go to Town very often " 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I agree that there is more to do but seemingly as soon as this council try and start work everyone still moans about it. They don't like the disruption. They don't like the mess. They pre-emptively dismiss it as a waste of time or white elephant or just for the students or just for the rich or a  complete waste of money....  This forum is a prime example of that sort of behaviour.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that beggars/delinquent problems "don't exist". They are just not buying into the deluded over exaggerated nonsense suggested by certain posters when they bring up crap like "no go areas" or "nobody feels safe" or "X city never have any such problems" which is clearly inaccurate.

Despite all the whining there's not been a single suggestion of exactly what people magically expect the police and council to do about it. It's all well and good complaining but as I've said multiple times you can't just remove public from public streets just because they're "undesirable". Being undesirable is not an offence which results in a jail sentence. So......? 

There are a few perpetual moaners but the trouble is everyone with genuine concerns seemed to get lumped into ‘the miserable old moaner’ category and their concerns are just dismissed and shut down.  So the problems tend to get worse rather than better because people get shut down for talking about them. 
Other towns and cities have made significant changes to reduce anti social behaviour.  Apparently that’s why there are so many of them in Sheffield - they travel here to beg and take drugs!

• Like 1